corona virus...this is no joke!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by harley17985, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One church in Heber had the pastor, his wife and 27 infected yesteday. All were positive.

One assumes that they are testing the rest of the place as well.

We quit going to church in person some weeks ago. Way too many people coughing. And thats why we all will get sick, people who are sick still go out into public with whatever. Maybe I should have kept going with my H1n1 and infect the whole place. The more the merrier but no. I don't think like that.

Numbers are taking off fast.

The good news? Hebui and Wuhan were opened up and taken off lockdown so thats about almost 4 months.

I finally decided that if the Federal bail out check hit the checking account it will end up in the cash pile unspent and accumulate. What good is it when there isnt anything to spend it on with all things closed?

Otr294highway Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

The difference with Wuhan and Hebui is they did what they were supposed to do (not at 1st but eventually)... They locked #### down and only let people go to the store once every 2 days. Go look at some of the videos on Youtube of people who were in that area.

The Chinese govt came in over night and literally constructed walls and fences across the streets and to separate entire neighborhoods from one another and block the roads. They forced people to check in on a cellphone app each time they entered a store to see if they are going out more than they were aloud..Also every store they took the people's temperature before letting them in.

They did all those drastic steps and it still took them 4 months to beat it.. Much worse they only had a serious outbreak in the Wuhan Provence. We have it now in every major city and everywhere else as well.. We are not doing 1/10th of what China did to beat this... It's going to be much, much worse here than it was in China...We are on course for the US size version of Italy right now... Lets remember that Italy completely shut down well over a week ago....

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    magoo68 and Otr294highway Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I agree.

I have been up night and day for weeks following the wuhan situation from when it evolved. They were welding if possible doors shut.

The difference between China and America is stark and simple. China can order it's population around at bayonet point. And execute those who resist on the spot. America on the other hand is supposedly sovereign and free. Kinda hard to herd cats who refuse to be herded. Take Florida. They were not allowed to party at home so what do they do? hop on the boats and party where no one will bother them. No wonder the florida leadership is put out.

This will get worse before its better. We are already working on the assumption that the state is going to be locked down at some point. However there is just too much to lock down as it were in this state. Too many people trying to take care of children, take care of themselves and their families. So if such a lock down did happen there will be problems.

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

Yeah, I 100% get that we can't do the same as China can do as far as ordering people to obey.. Which is all the more reason it's so important for us to do it voluntarily. I simply do not get the mentally of people who think this will all just blow over that they can carry on as usual. I mean all they have to do is look around the world at what is happening and understand that YES that is going to happen here.. It's happening right now and they are completely oblivious to it because they aren't sick "yet"..

What is even worse is we have clear example of successful leadership doing what was required to do in South Korea as example. Yet our govt ignores that example... Russia is another prime example. They share a boarder with China and still have under 1k cases.. Why? Because they tested people like crazy and quarantined them starting way back in February..

6. Otr294highway

Otr294highway Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2020
  7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Why is this link reposted in the same thread? Once is enough.

8. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    I'm so excited, I can't wait to find out what it was all about come October! :bom: Land of the free, home of the brave, if you don't watch it, you'll wake up a slave!

jsnell Thanks this.
  9. lynchy

lynchy Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2010
    off the grid
    Seriously,you think Russia tell the truth?

Lite bug Thanks this.
  10. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    If it's as bad as the say or some like to believe. How come we are still trucking ? We are still following the HOS. We could move more freight if they remove all HOS for everyone. But it not that bad yet.

11. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I am much more concerned with freedom than I am with the new flu.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.