corona virus...this is no joke!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by harley17985, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Holy #### !!!!! I’ve been in really bad and dangerous places , but this is crazy !!!! And crazy people are more dangerous than any bad ### dude .
    I drove by Costco this morning at about 0800 hrs and about 200 people were lined up already , unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!
    I have so much to say about that , but I’m not going to . Don’t stash stuff that other people may need more than you do . Don’t be a F greedy mfkr .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Otr294highway

Otr294highway Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Absolutely right.
    is not a joke and a lot of people getting sick and dying. Stay safe out there. Best for everybody to just take off for the whole month. Truck driver come in contact with a lot of people a day. The chance of them getting infected and dying is very high. As you know there is no really protection
    against virus . A lot of people can't even get a test if they feel and get sick

Rideandrepair, 6wheeler and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    And those 200 people lined up probably had a b utt load of stuff at home already. They just want to hoard more. If people would just buy a normal use grocery cart, the shelves would recover and there would be plenty for everyone.

Lite bug, larry2903, nredfor88 and 7 others Thank this.
  5. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    This virus is just showing the rest of the world the US is a joke these days.

6. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019

lynchy Thanks this.
  7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I would be happy to keep working but Illinois is getting shut down tomorrow . I know my dispatch booked load for monday Illinois/tx and after calling receiver load been cancelled due to shut down in tx ..... We are flat bed/step ... Maybe van and reefer different .
    If shippers and receivers open - we will be working !

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I don't know what kind of trucking you do, but I do not come into contact with very many people each day.

The most is in Walmart when I'm shopping. Other than that, not so much. I don't hang around the lounge trading trucker stories like so many seem to do. I guess they just crave human contact more than I do.

9. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I think parts of it are still bs. According to the CDC 1 to 4% of Americans have the common flu on any given day. World Health estimates that yearly 290,000 to 650,000 die from the flu every year.( thats globally) Again the CDC says 10,000 in the US have died from flu this year and averages 12,000. The H1N1 think in 2009 killed a lot more people, but of course corona virus hasn't run its course yet. Why wasn't the H1NI hyped and talked about constantly in the media? If it was i don't recall. This corona is really getting popular with the " movie stars" and so called "famous." They are self quarantined and making themselves so out there, as to say, look at us, we will show all you people what to do. Even telling us how, and how long to wash our hands..give me a break. Should've learned that at home, or at least in kindergarten or 1st grade.

10. Otr294highway

Otr294highway Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2020
    It's not the same this virus is airborne and no vaccines

Rideandrepair and stillwurkin Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.