corona virus...this is no joke!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by harley17985, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    You get you freedom when you respect others right , period !!!!

Otr294highway Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Imagine not being able to visit a loved one when they die . No funeral their body stacked like cordwood in a funeral parlour . Some of the stories from Italy are very heart breaking...

TruckChicken and Otr294highway Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    ok, this is not the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic. Which was epic in loss of life, on top of WWI. However, some things can be taken away from it. Two cities Philadelphia and St Louis handled it completely differently and the death tolls were dramatically different. Philadelphia had a huge parade and basically didn't do anything to socially isolate, as we call it now. St Louis did the opposite and did socially isolate. The result? Nearly HALF as many deaths in St Louis vs. Philadelphia. Article below. Basically, keeping separate and taking common sense precautions can save lives. While you may not be in the age group or health group that "could" die. You might just save the life of someone who is in those groups.

https://www.wsls.com/features/2020/...-the-results-couldnt-have-been-more-opposite/

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I had a dry cough and an elevated temp last week. Then on Friday out of nowhere I lost my sense of taste for about a day & a half. Sunday night loss of taste and/or smell was added to the list of symptoms, so I texted the office I was done and was going to get tested. Testing itself didn't take too long (but it's obviously not a fast process) but the bureaucracy, waiting until morning for things to open, calling around to doctors & clinics, etc. so I got tested.

Wait time is 6-10 day. So I'm grounded. Not so much for myself but because I pose a risk to others. My gut says I have it and I'm one of the lucky ones with a mild case, doesn't matter, I'm still a threat. Getting the answer will give me peace of mind, but it's possible I could test negative and catch it the next day. So who knows?

Hopefully I can get in the clear so I can back to guys up when you start falling. Cavalry if you will. I hate being benched, but I had some really #### loads this month and I'd feel a lot better running supplies instead of trying to get merch into stores that will be closed for a month anyway.

I'd love some more road stories to pass the time. Those of us still working must be pretty busy, I'm not seeing a lot of updates lately (of course, I usually check in 3x a week not 5x a day.) I'm staring at the roof.

6. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I have possessed my Freedom since birth. It is written in the Constitution. I will not give it up. Period.

7. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    it's the bat stew flu not the alien sneaky death...

jsnell Thanks this.
  8. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Yesterday got a letter from our company, with a notary stamp. States if there is a federal or national guard blockade , we are to show this letter and they are to let us through. We are a pharmaceutical company with drugs for the covid-19

Otr294highway and magoo68 Thank this.
  9. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Anyone have one of these?

10. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    I have a Walmart letter. It’s sad that so many people feel that is their only option. But I know if Walmart closed every store, it would get ugly

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.