corona virus...this is no joke!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by harley17985, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
  4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

Trump.. "if we only have 100 thousand deaths we've done a very good job"

He said this yesterday BTW.. 100-200k deaths is what he was saying...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Deaths are increasing so do the math.

6. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Yeah they are older and Americans are obese so it’s probably a tie.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

My take on this is YES the politicians are lying. Their mouths are moving.

Anyone remember any old disaster or alien invasion movies where the president and generals sit in a room and debate whether to alert the public?

I can guarantee you we passed that point in January.

The Chinese government lied. We will probably never know what the actual fatality rate is. Any information leaked out of that country was quashed by their government's total control of the internet. Some people were clever enough to use VPNs and dark webs to get video out. How many vids, blogs and posts were censored out of existence?

So yeah, I'm gonna bank on China Lied.

At some point I'm sure our top secret CIA/FBI/NSA groups got a general idea of what was coming and had a collective "oh ####!" moment. Then they briefed the joint chiefs and the president.

There is NO WAY they would have conceded to these extreme measures if they didn't know some bad mojo was enroute. What was it 6 months ago they impeached him and now they've granted him almost martial law powers? The 180 is obvious.

Now because they still hate him every move will be second guessed, every error downplayed, every victory diminished.

But you know what you don't see? Lawsuits questioning his legal right to dock a military hospital in Manhattan. Environmental studies of using refer trailers at hospitals. Non union labor working at the Javitts.

Because the reality is: This is real.

8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

Yes, yes, yes it's all the Democrats fault... not the guy who was getting top secret briefings on this #### since January and was still calling it a hoax in March... I don't think reality is real in your world..

Sani101 and chimbotano Thank this.
  9. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    How soon people forget. Trump wanted travel from china slowed down in January but the dems and their media only lambasted him as being alarmist and racist.

magoo68, TokyoJoe, tommymonza and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Ok guys you know politics needs to stay in that forum. Don't get the thread locked because of difference in opinions.

But remember this. Left or Right. Pres or Gov. Each state has its right to do whatever they saw fit based on the news and facts coming out of other countries. So to put blame on any one person or political party is pointless. As all "leaders" had options.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

For the record, my point was that they KNEW it was worse than what they were telling us.

What exactly would people do if both the president and the speaker of the house (to make it bipartisan!) got on TV and said:

"We've just been briefed, we've been exposed to a lethal bacteria from Chi,,,, from an unidentifiable foreign country, in 6 months one out of every 100 of you will die in agonizing pain. Do not go to the hospital. You will only make the doctors sick. Please die alone in your house and try not to be a burden to those around you."

TokyoJoe and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.