Coronavirus - Will drivers have any way to get out of a city quarantine if their not sick?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by ALEXinTEXAS, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    honestly, from a local "expert" here in FL. Majority of people who get it won't even realize they had it. It will be like a basic cold for a couple days. However, those with the right health "issues" will suffer far far worse.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Anyone remember the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 68? I got that sucker and it was ghastly! A lot of people died from that during its 3 year course but nobody got locked in their houses.

This thing is the flu. So I'm taking every precaution I can and the beauty of being an OTR driver is I don't have a lot of interaction with crowds of people anyway.

Wash your hands. Prepare your own food and don't get over tired. You will be okay, God willing.

4. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    MEDICAL MARTIAL LAW is coming to America

I think this will be the last weekend to easily stock up on supplies in America before the run on the stores.

I worry about being stuck OTR in an unfamiliar city for a 30 day quarantine just as much as I worry about getting the virus.

SXSW music festival in Austin just got cancelled.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    ALEXinTEXAS Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Coffey Thanks this.
  6. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I was in first grade and my dad had the Hong Kong flu in SoCal. I can remember him heaving but the funny thing is none of the five kids in the house got it.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  7. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Fear fear fear! Fear sells, there’s no real stopping of this bug. Might as well focus on getting healthy instead of isolation and quarantine. This is not ebola or a flesh eating disease. People keep this scary fear up, then yeah, might be problems at the stores, cause everybody is to afraid to work. Get over it! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Just be healthy. Go to work. And don’t disrupt our economy. That’s it

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
  9. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    No I don't ! lol ;-)

kemosabi49 and UturnGirl Thank this.
  10. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Totally agree. In fact, when I started crunching the numbers for those in my age group I realized how many factors were not considered---where you live, if you are healthy, if you use safe practices (like opening doors with your feet, not shaking hands, washing hands, not going to crowded places, etc.). It began to dawn on my tiny brain that I had a much greater chance of dying from being T-boned at a traffic light by a teenage girl texting. Maybe I should avoid traffic lights...or teenage girls? ;-)

Studebaker Hawk, UturnGirl and Coffey Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    So. No children in birthing 9 months or so from now give or take. Wonderful. Even procreation must stop because of icky touching fear.

SHEESH.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.