Coronavirus - Will drivers have any way to get out of a city quarantine if their not sick?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by ALEXinTEXAS, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No one's going anywhere.

Don't make us taze you, then lock you in your truck.

We can do this the easy way or the hard way, you're choice driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I lock myself in my truck... Its easier that way... Lol

4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If the border is CLOSED and YOU are in Canada, you visit your US Embassy directly in person and state your problem to the Officer on Duty. They will deal with you in their way in time. You will be there a while. Your company also would need to know. And you would next need to find a decent parking spot such as Customs in Winsdor for example.

Citizenship means nothing if a Nation decides to close borders. Closed is closed. Side track I understand Europe is grappling with Refugees again pouring across. They are going to have to start shooting some to stop the flow if they haven't started to do so already.

ALEXinTEXAS and Rcranch81 Thank this.
  6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    If I got stuck in Canada due to border closing that would be time to claim some detention.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Ironically lately, I've been running a lot of rust belt cities far from where these cases have been popping up. So I may actually be safer at a Petro in West Virginia than I would be in a hospital in Boston.

I'm just wondering what the odds are of shutting down the highway network. Is it actually possible I could get stuck in some distant city with no money for 3 weeks?

bzinger and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Have to keep the groceries moving. People have to eat. Coronavirus will have to take a back seat to starvation. If anything they need to start paying me a premium or hazardous pay for running reefer.

bzinger and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    The odds are very good. No food. No water.

You may encounter nomadic packs of drivers, that are semi hostile. They'll introduce themselves by saying,"We are Neg........er Schneider."

10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    No. You will donate your time, and equipment to help our great nation overcome this potential national disaster, and we will thank you.

x1Heavy and Muskie Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.