Cost of showers/ laundry at truck stops?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Electric_Hyena, May 30, 2011.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Listen good Mister. Or Ma'am.

Trucking is a form of Culture. Within that culture is a stew made up of one part Chivalry, one part fun and games and a small part charity for those who seem to need it. With a little bit of medicine added in form of a comment or two designed to pierce your soul.

If there is a need and you are hungry, flat broke and so on and still 1000 miles to go in my trainer truck, I will hand you some food, fluids and take care of you as my son, daughter that I never had or met in this life time. You will enjoy the items and be well. Im a cold SOB on the outside, but Ive been known to be such a softy and feed or hydrate people who need and benefit from if.

America is like that. We don't take handouts for greed or mooching, that is for parasites and see those a mile a way. But if you are in my truck learning and training turned up hungry, guess what, there is fixing to be a meal for you just as soon we get to Big Sandy for them to cook it up properly awhile.

You will enjoy that meal, give thanks to a loving God who make it possible for you to have it and remember me by that meal so when you train a hungry waif 30 years into your future, you will be where I am. As I was long ago and so it pays forward now.

Brettj3876 and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. straightanswer2

straightanswer2 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2017
    not sure about that personally
    orphanage raised
    got TX CDL B4 DOT Made the testing requirements
    BUT I did not know how to >>> use air brakes / or what air horn wuz
    So was wash up there from jump street
    Cheers

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's all cool. I get those moods occasionally.

Im somewhat damaged from the parasites and predators who constantly think 5.00 will get enough gas to mass pike from three states away...

5. InventingJoy

InventingJoy Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I Iiked extra info & i didn't post the question so ty

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.