Could I use a 1988 International F9300 to haul rail containers

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Ticktockey, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Ticktockey

Ticktockey Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I think its a cummins M11 maybe, I cant find the specs. I dfound a 98 with a f9200 and that is a cummins 11 with 370 hp
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    That's most likely an L10 in the 88 which was the predecessor to the M11 engine. Sure you could use it to haul containers, it's run what you brung.

4. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

88 might be an L10 not much of an engine but it could also have an 855 cummins which were real good

5. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    I learned to really like the L-10... after I figured out how to drive an electronic engine.. I tried to drive in like the old detroit screamer I came out of.... didnt work at all.. I HATED the truck for the first week.

6. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

the L10 was a mechanical engine wasn"t it

7. bender

bender Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Don't Kid Yourself
    I'm thinking that 88 would be a mechanical engine. I ran rail loads with a Detroit too. When I was off injured others had to drive it and they just couldn't get the hang of it, always missing gears, pulling over and coming to a stop to start over. The dam things are like shifting a dirt bike except you're in a truck, allot of extra work! Those other drivers shuttered at the thought of driving that truck. Bunch of Sissies!

8. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Not the 90? model that I was in. It was electronic and meant to be driven at low RPM... Detroits were driven like you're mad at them.. if you see a grade, downshift and get the RPMS up as high as they'd go! lol Do that to an L-10 (or any electronic engine) it will fall on its face..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.