Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by capital j, Mar 14, 2012.

1. capital j

capital j Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2011
    East TN
    I don't see many Averitt trucks in rest areas and truck stops at night. Is that because you get to park at Averitt service centers most times? If so, how is it parking at the service centers?

I work for an OTR company that has a local LTL counterpart and every time I go to one of the LTL terminals I get treated like a POS even though we're supposedly on the "same team".

Do your trucks have jakes?

My goal is to get on local or something dedicated after I run regional for a while. Is it easy enough to make the switch?

Thank you in advance.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    The answer to your first question is YES. Most of the time I sack out at an Averitt service center. I can fuel there, shower and get a SAFE quiet nights sleep. I can tell you this. I have NEVER been treated like anything but a valuable member of the team by local and LTL drivers and folks at the dispatch windows. It wasn't that way when I worked at a larger carrier. With the way they have them laid out it is very easy to find a SC or drop yard to park at.

Yes, our trucks have jake brakes.

After 6 months as a regional truck load driver you can apply for other positions in your area that interest you. Dedicated, Combo driver, LTL and local. LTL and local are tougher to come by as hardly anyone ever quits those positions once they get them but they do come available.

Hope this helps.

cuzzin it, capital j and lfzebra Thank this.
  4. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Well it depends on the service center. The larger ones have showers, restrooms and a lounge to sit and watch tv and snack and some service centers have a restroom and that's it. I tried to hit the service centers because they tend to be safer than a truck stop or rest area but if I had a choice of a small service center or a truck stop i would hit the truck stop because chances are your the only driver in that lot at night at the smaller service center.

lfzebra and cuzzin it Thank this.
  5. Johnny Driver

Johnny Driver Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Central Texas
    Thnaks for the info. I am applying for jobs as a new driver and reading posts is helpful.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.