Couple questions from a newbie in south Florida

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BubbRubb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. BubbRubb

BubbRubb Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2019
    I used to live in North Idaho, man I miss it.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Fatalism died at age 22 when I learned the enormity of the BS in this industry. By 25 I was disposible. And out of it.

When you have been essentially tested as I have over a long enough time period dealing with battles and problems that are sometimes quite serious such as Trucking lawsuits against myself int he court house etc you become hardened to future problems in this industry.

I literally don't let anything bother me. The industry as a whole died approximately 1998. There is a very strong split between pre-1998 and post 1998 clouds of urine smells and poop with flip flops and non english truckers and so on. And the megas? Burn em all. Just like they burn 20 of every 40 orientation attendees at will each week. This is not a professional industry that is respected or loved by America. We have become a dumping ground for those who literally usually do not have money.

The companies turn the tractors into a form of prison with extreme micromanagement. I can go on and expand on that deeply with a serious rant, but I wont.

I don't think you truly understand the enormity of the BS you are about to be involved in and how LITTLE CONTROL you have over your day or night. THAT is decided by people you never see. Any cost or damage or even being late once or sleeping 15 hours? You will find yourself being treated as a person to be discarded as unreliable.

Its a wonder that any trucks get through at all considering all the problems abounding. And winter is coming again.

Why do I do it? Or even work on getting back into it? (I just stopped all pain clinic appts pernamently this first week of oct. In less than a year I am rolling loads there is pending a heart exam and fix anything that needs fixing and so on. BP is back below DOT 140-90 now. etc etc etc)

Because it is what I am. A trucker. Ive seen people burn to death, hear their screams. Or hold the hands of someone being cut in half. OR whatever it is. It gets into you. You learn to let it go. I have almost been killed 8 times and tell stories about them. I could be dead by sunrise in a few hours but it wont matter. They will find someone else to carry on. Never mind me. Ive had a good run.

Fatalistic?> Hardly. Just on borrowed time. Just not my time just yet.

I wish you the very best luck in this industry. God help you.

BubbRubb and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Any idea who you'll be driving for?

5. BubbRubb

BubbRubb Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2019
    I understand your point of view, I’ve probably had the same for the aviation mechanics industry.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a carrier in Little Rock that leases to McKesson. I am on good terms with them. If back out, I will be moving medical loads to stage in our secured yard for west coast teams so they do not have to go to memphis and double back after drop hook, saves them all 600 miles or more. You understand?

I dont want to disclose publicly the name, its really high dollar yard and that will not be welcome.

Essentially a fat yard dog running back and forth all day and night up to 70- hours, do it again and again under a social security program that allows me a one time work for 9 months as a strict experiment to see if I can do this or not. Its a oppertunity I want to take.

Truckermania Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.