couple TMC questions

Discussion in 'TMC' started by nerok9, Jul 28, 2007.

1. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    Found out I put some WRONG information on the app. so I re-applied with the CORRECT info.

The wrong info I put would actually FAIL a DOT physical.

Hope they will talk to me now.

4. Slowmotion35

Slowmotion35 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2010
    sanford, NC
    That's good to know you had the wrong info on the app. I have heard being prior military helps out, especially being able to retire. Well good luck, keep us posted.

5. The Tricker Treater

The Tricker Treater Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Saginaw Mi
    Hay you still stop off on this site?!? I live in MI to and am also looking to start me career I don't have the money for private schooling...I can't afford it I'm looking for company training have you found anything?I'm gun'a call Mon.but it sounds like theres only a rec.grad line & a 3mon exp line when you call...I about to tie myself to Stevens wish I could have got Prime but I put my foot in my own mouth on that one about a Misderminer that I beat...so if someone knows more then just the PR fluff....because the TMC website is nice but I'm confused.

6. newtrucker10

newtrucker10 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2010
    harrisburg, illinois
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there that works for TMC Transportation (flatbed). Im thinking of working for them when I get my CDL. Are they a good company???

7. GatorinSC

GatorinSC Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    There are several threads here about the company. Take the time to read through and the answer will be revealed.

terrylamar Thanks this.
  8. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    I live in NC. I went to MTC school in Hazelwood MO. They paid for the bus ticket out there. There were a few companies to choose from. Star Transport, Werner and CR England are the ones I remeber. If you want a quick CDL they can do it. Got mine in 2 weeks..lol....They are a big school. There were 5 of us in 1 truck at a time, but that was back in 1996

9. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    I applied again, and the recruiter was, well won't talk about that. But they disaproved my application again, there will not be a pre-hire letter sent to me. There are hundreds of people every week that get pre-hire's just because their school had them apply and they have no intention on doing flat, much less TMC. I on the other hand have want to go to TMC specificaly for several years and they won't even give me a chance and won't tell me why.

10. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    I have a question for current TMC drivers. I have 6 yrs OTR pulling reefer. I been off the road since 03 because of family and now in the military and will be leaving next year. How hard will it be to get on with them when I get out ? I do know that some companies want a refresher course. Is TMC like this or will they just put me up with a trainer for a few weeks so I can get back in the saddle ?

11. bs64507

bs64507 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    St Joseph, MO.

Not sure on the refresher, but as an experienced driver with no flatbed exp. you would be with a trainer for 2 weeks. Call them and ask. I know they have programs for former military people.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.