Court rules that truckers must be paid minimum wage — even when they’re not driving

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by pigsooie, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Not going to waste my data on a YouTube clip, I got the gist from other posters. But a text breakdown would be nice.

But yeah this pay per mile/but free labor everywhere else model is going to finally die the death it deserved 30 years ago. Especially since in the future, the trucks will do the driving, who's going to do everything else (fueling, connecting, pretrip, repairs, etc.)? You wanna pay me minimum wage, (at the ripe minimum wage of $15/hr) why would I go out to the intermodal terminal in bad weather at all hours? I'll deliver pizzas and get tips.

But my company pays hourly for local work and we're now (and I mean literally me and the company president, seniority yo!) working on how our ELDs are jibing with hours worked/driven. So probably in the next year we're going to just tie the eLog into the payroll system, it works great and it's going to be really good for our people.

Nah, they don't give a #### about the employees, it's the time lost by the trailers. Shippers were gonna get hit with this eventually, they abused it for far too long, now it's time to pay up. You keep our truck tied up for 6-8 hours to load/unload your going to pay for it. That's lost revenue to a huge company of thousands of trucks.

(Mods: if you're gonna censor ####, people are gonna think I said ####. I can behave myself and not say ####, but if you're gonna censor ####, then I might as well say ####!)

Okilly-dokilly!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    I don’t know. I think the fact that no ones in the truck will give thieves more incentives to simulate traffic and take what they can while the truck is stopped.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I've mentioned that before and everybody thought I was nuts in the head, but I think you would see a lot more freight hijackings because they'll know the trucker is not going to run them over.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I'm spoiled, a lot of stuff I haul is REALLY heavy.

If you can take a 300 # table off the back of my truck curbside? I'm not calling the cops, I'm giving you an application!

(Now take that up to the store on the 3rd floor and come back for the other 7)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.