Covenant Transport - Chattanooga, Tn.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2004.

1. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Hey I worked for Covenant, 3 cpm would have been a raise!:thumbup:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    And they claim to be a "CHRISTIAN COMPANY" #### :)

4. offtherecord

offtherecord Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2007
    My husband works for Covenant. As of January 14th all the company solo reefer drivers will be moved to Southern Refrigerated Transport. If joining Covenant right out of a CDL school check out other companies first. The training pay is crap.

5. kathy701

kathy701 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2007
    my husband also works for this company as a trainer. he has over 1,000,000 miles accident free. this company is a joke. in the last 30 days he has run a little over 1,000 miles, no lie!!! they have had him and his student sitting for the last 5 days. no freight, so they say. the student already left, a relative drove 8 hours to get him yesterday. they know he is quiting and wont give him a load to get out. this company is worst he has ever worked for, and i thought i had seen it all after 17 years. is this company that untouchable that a class action lawsuit wont or cant be filed against them?

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, in all fairness, this is the slow time of year.

7. wallbanger

You're right about that Mack, but when I drove for them I NEVER sat. I ran on a regional board and I was almost always preplanned 2 loads or more ahead. They kept me rolling decently, it was all the other nonsense that went with working there that made me leave.

8. fmdriver

fmdriver Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2007
    have you heard this one then ? I was going to go out on a truck with a friend who worked at Covenant. I was told to be able to do so I would have to surrender my D.L to them, as I also carried a class A cdl. Who do these people think they are

9. condocassanova

condocassanova Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2006
    WoW- any driver that would do such a thing to his fellow driver (and he knows someone has to get in that truck) is a trashy individual regardless of what the company did to him. That could make a man throw up or give him a disease or something. ####, that's acting like a curr dog that aint potty trained. He aint hurting dispatch, he's hurting that poor driver who has never done him wrong. I'm sad just reading that one.

I just don't get why companies would do drivers so bad as to be making them quit so much and be so miserable. I think some drivers are not honest with theirselves on what OTR is all about but these companies that treat people bad don't make sense cause that is no way to make a success. I am beginning to believe the stuff some drivers have indicated on here that there is a scam going on about them credits they get from the government to train new people with cdls and who they just flip people in and out for that 5 grand or whatever it is.

SOrry- got to reading this thread and did not realize how old Turbo's post was.

10. madcitysw

madcitysw Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Yes, this is very true as I seen this in their policy book and I also found that if your friend went to calf without his CDL while he is in your truck, he can be fined by the state. I not too sure if there are other states that do this as well. Both of this is very dumb.

11. wallbanger

You got that right madcity, their rulebook (covenants) is chock full of strange and stupid policies, most of which they would drop on us (former drivers) when it was most convienient for them.

I once had a weekend dispatcher tell me I couldn't take the MT truck home (all of 25 miles from where me and co-driver dropped our load), said if i wanted to see my family have them drive out. So we of course took the truck home, had a shower and dinner, and then got MT moved to columbus, OH, to only have to come back to Toledo OH ( I live near detroit) to get our next load.SO MUCH FUN!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.