Covenant Transport - Chattanooga, Tn.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Tag Teaming

Tag Teaming Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Turbotrucker, have you seen a photo of this home somewhere in a publication or on the internet?

I know of a couple who ran their own auto tranporter for 4-5 years while bearing two children along the way and then paid cash for a nice ranch in Washington state.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

This photo ( that Turbo is referring to) was in a recent ad for Covenant, featuring a Husband/Wife team. It shows beautiful rolling hills with green meadows, and is supposedly their dream.
    I don't know, even though I ran my tail off when I was there, my paychecks were all over the map, and almost every single one had something wrong with it.

4. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    No...the ad ran for about a month, and was changed. I DID try back then to find a source online, because I wanted to post a copy of it when I ranted on it then.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that a husband and wife could not work somewhere as a team and do well....I just don't think that Covenant is one of those places. On this site and many other, short miles is one of the biggest complaints out there for teams that have hooked up with them.

5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    unfortunatly you will probably have to get a lawer if you want to see that money. Hopefully you will only need to pay the lawer to make some phone calls and not to actually go to court.

I have a big problem with any company who plasters there religious beliefs all over there equipment. I don't have a problem with an o/o doing something of the sort but I feel a big company is steping over a line somewhere doing that

6. Tag Teaming

Tag Teaming Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2007
    I think I have seen the ad being referenced here. I too wondered if this couple were company drivers or just ad props. I do understand marketing since I have a degree in the field. I will say Covenant does a great job in the marketing area and have a lot of great hype making the company look and appear very honest and pleasant to work for. They peaked my families interest and I was close to signing up with them. Now I am looking elsewhere.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Good. You made the right decision there.

8. redi -mix

redi -mix Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    I went down to Tenn 4 Cov 3 yr ago I had a bad feeling from the start,but I figered I was just worried bout starting a new job and a new lifestyle,but once I got their I new something was not right long story short I went with my gut (glad I did) When my room mate and I were to go back over to the school from are hotel I told him I left some paper work back in the room and I would catch up with him I went back to the hotel called a cab then waited in the walffel house by the hotel went to the bus station and got a one way ticket home it cost me $113.00,but after reading some of the post hear I got of cheap,glad I found this site I always wondered if I made the right choice that day now I know I did I want to go OTR but I will be looking at this web site alot before I pick a company thank you trucker space:biggrin_25524:

9. Louise

Louise Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2007
    ontario,or
    it a good think you left when you did. they have no loads on weekends. there is thing better out thire.

10. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

You know, its not that they don't have loads on weekends, its that the number of loads on the weekend is so low, that if you aren't MT by friday noon, you could end up sitting the whole weekend.

I used to run regional for Cov, and I decided that I would stay out over the weekend, to keep moving and make some extra moolah (because I was taking a week off) and I cleared it with my dispatcher, and he reassured me,multiple times, that I would keep moving. Well of course, that didn't happen, and when monday finally rolled around and I could get loaded, it was the day that a HUGE winter storm hit the Twin cities (Early Mar '06). I had to run MT from Hudson,WI (dump of a T/A) to Eagan and it was a nightmare: cars,trucks,busses spun out everywhere. And once I got loaded and started back, they closed I-94 for several hours (a swifty had spun out on the exit ramp for the T/A, so I couldn't stop and wait it out).:biggrin_2556:
    Needless to say I never ran on a weekend again...

11. schnellebig

schnellebig Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I wish I would have not been in such a hurry to get a job. I have driven for covenant for about 6 months now. They have given me lots of miles and the pay is notbad for a beginner...BUT. They put me on Per-diem for the first three months of my employment (i declined per-diem at orientation)and when I called to find out why, they claimed it was company policy. All the time i have to check my paystub very carefully because they will deduct for two advances when you only took one. Or they will not pay for extra drops, forget to re-imburse for scales or tolls. Forget being re-imbursed for a hotel, even if your truck is broken down. Another big one is the fact that they do not pay untill the paperwork is in. If it gets lost and you don't follow up from time to time, you will lose out on the pay for entire loads. My last complaint is this, they will send you to get a load, then, when you are pulling up, they will un-assign you from it and then send you for something else. Then, those miles you just drove are lost to you. However, I have a new fleet manager and she has been really working hard to keep this from happening and also keeps me in the miles. (she is a good mgr) I plan to switch anyway now though since I have 6 months of experience. I just don't have time to be writing letters and making phone-calls to payroll to get the money I deserve.:biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.