COVID unemployment

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Clara3, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You can get tested if you are in prison.

Several prisons tested for it and found nearly 4,000 that tested positive.
    93% of those were symptom free.

In other places around the world nearly 50% are without symptoms.
    They just get over it, often not even knowing they had it.
    This virus is no big deal, even if it affects different people in different ways.
    Most people simply get over it with no or few symptoms.

In the US there have been ~58,000 deaths from this virus, and they make such a big deal about it.'
    Last year the flu killed around 60,000, and that was with all the vaccines.
    No big deal was made about that, because it is just a fact of life.

It is people with weak immune systems that are most at risk, just like with any other sickness out there.
    And that may be the best reason to not over-sanitize in everyday life. (Like so many do these days.)
    If you get rid of all the common germs your body will have gotten very lazy and will have no defense against anything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Moosetek I respect you as a valid member of TTR but I don’t know where you get your facts from, my daughter is a well educated person in the medical field with access to data that the normal joes doesn’t, I find it alarming that you would come on here and state that it’s no big deal, this is not like the flu, this virus is more viscous than the flu you have people who contact the virus on Wednesday and Friday they’ve passed away, the flu does not work that way. As stated before people with perfectly healthy lifestyles are dying. What about the military personnel who’ve contacted the virus as a ex military member I know for a fact they’re in tip top shape.

ronjeremyjr and jon69 Thank this.
  4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So a virus with a 2 week incubation period is killing people two days after first contact?
    Where are you getting this from?
    I also have relatives in the medical field. So what?

And what does the military have to do with anything?
    'Tip top' shape has nothing to do with your immune system in this case.
    You can be buff all out, but if your immune system is weak you can die from the common cold.

5. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    From my experience I’ve never known anyone in the military with a weak immune system, and yes people are getting the virus and passing away relatively soon, I’m getting the info from my daughter who’s a health field administrator and from my wife who works for the government and has to process death certificates. This is not the common flu that’s where people make the misconception, my daughter has told me on several occasions dad please stop comparing this to the flu Coz the flu data and this data are TOTALLY DIFFERENT -I trust my daughter who’s in the health field. There’s no incubation period they only ask you that as a precautionary measure. Not here to debate the pros and cons. People are dying~be safe be strong as one~Blessings

jon69 and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I get my 'facts' from what I read and hear on the radio (or TV), like most of us.
    I also get my facts from what I have personally lived through.

The flu is also just a virus, so they are alike in that.
    This one is more insidious, but not necessarily more vicious.

This virus has the unique quality of having been studied far more in a shorter period of time than any other.
    In my lifetime, and I'm 64, at no other time has such a thing as anti-body testing been utilized like it is now to see who might have been infected but showed no signs of infection.
    There has been no mass testing at all before this.

But from what I have seen, it is not as big a threat as most people make of it.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If you get your facts from the news. You'd know that people have died within 2 days.

You'd also know that you can carry it 2 days to 14 days before any symptoms. And that once you recover. You can still spread it for up to 3 weeks after. So basically you're a danger to society for up to 7 weeks.

This is not like the flu. This is a lot worse.
    People who've gone through it. They'll tell you.

I personally don't want it.

Sani101 Thanks this.
  8. gerardo1961

gerardo1961 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    miami
    In 2017 the average dead peoples every day was 7708 without corona 19.ok is a bad virus only shut down the hold country is to much for this.now more poor people and more crime bad future

9. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    Where was the concern last year when 50,000 died from the annual flu?

10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So I guess if Ebola comes to down we should just let it run it's course, right? I mean how bad could that be to let happen

11. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    If you get all your facts from the MSM news, that would be your first major mistake.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.