CR England Newbie-Starts $80,000 per Year

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by smallhauls1, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Znine

Znine Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Spokane, wa

Anything frozen is not too time sensitive. Make sure to check the temp every time you step out of the truck and always top off the tank for the refer when fueling. Never know what will happen a few miles down the road. If you have a dry load and the refer is not full still top it off for the future.

Produce such as lettus is very time sensitive and needs the asap delivery. Salads will be tossed if those valuable loads are destroyed.

david07003 and smallhauls1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDan28

BigDan28 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    I went to CRE back in 06 for my cdl's. The school was great and the hotel wasn't that bad. There was 4 to a room but we all managed to get along. I did not stay after i received my paper copy of my cdl's. I did not feel comfortable riding with someone that wasnt gonna train me, their trainers just want you for the extra money. I explained to them i was going home and i was informed i would be finding my own transportation. I rode Greyhound for my first and last time, 33 hours to SLC. I got online and purchased a plane ticket.

BTW, if you leave after you get your cdl's they will let you know that your still responsible for your schooling fee. As if you thought it was free. It took them 3 months to contact me for any money and i paid it off in 1 lump some saving me $2,000.00 off the original fee.

david07003 Thanks this.
  4. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    The Eaton 10 and Super 10 are quite different shift-wise. In your Eaton 10 you shift thru each gear with a 5-6 Low-High split.

The Super 10 saves you in shifting. 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 can all use the splitter to go back and forth. =No shift just hit the splitter + to skip from 1-3, 3-5 would be like a normal shift. Keeps you on the power in downshifts better also.

"God Speed You" ---> You will need it.

5. david07003

david07003 Light Load Member

Your right. But he should stay with the program. There are not too many driving jobs out there right now.

6. badsey

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    There are many Degreed lads that are having a very hard time finding work with their "degrees." I will not fight you going to CR-Fleece since you are smarter than me and may God speed you.

If you don't mind living out of a truck (better than a dorm!) and being indentured into debt CR-Fleece maybe your preferred choice.

7. badsey

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    Is this actually a -$80,000? -Sometimes drivers don't catch that negative in there. College helps.

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
  9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I charged it to my credit card. Figured one less thing to worry about. Here again as a "refresher" it was only $500 for cost.

10. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    A refresher course? :biggrin_2552:
    When did you get your CDL-A?
    You've indicated 0 - 1 Year as a driver, so I'm thinkin' y'all are a recent graduate of Big truck truck drivin' school. And I'm guessing you've either gone through road training and now you're on your own, startin' out, ........ or y'all need a refresher because after graduating from drivin' school, you didn't get right on a Big truck and too much time has lapsed and your CDL went stale.

Is the company stalling and/or dragin' their collective feet just enough to put another $500 in the bank.
    Their bank.
    And you don't have to answer that if you'd rather not. :biggrin_25512:
    I'm just curious, ----- :yes2557:

david07003 Thanks this.
  11. BigDan28

BigDan28 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    I got my cdl and drove a year before having to quit for health and family problems. I havent been in a truck for almost 3 years and am currently looking for a company that will hire me. I would't mind taking a refresher course as long as i had a job.

smallhauls1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.