CR England or CRST?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by StevenPNW, Jul 13, 2018.

1. lilnae

lilnae Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2015
    Illinois
    How did you like it with CRST?
    Primes training seems great, but I tried with them a couple of years ago and paid for my permit and D.O.T. and had a start date only for them to tell me that I would not be hired.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrownEyedGirI

BrownEyedGirI Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Cincinnati
    CRST was terrible. Did I survive? Yes. Did I get my license, train and fulfill my contract? Yes. Would I recommend them to my worst enemy? Absolutely not. If that's absolutely the only way you can get your foot in the door for a trucking career then you've gotta do what you've gotta do. In my opinion though, I'd make it an absolute last resort.
    That sucks about your previous attempt at Prime. You're actually lucky though, some of the bottom feeder companies would've had you show up and then told you sorry, nope. There are horror stories about them being stranded by the company with no way home.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    lilnae Thanks this.
  4. lilnae

lilnae Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2015
    Illinois
    Yes, I know and that's what worries me the most.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Plenty of companies hire drivers with felonies. Usually the look at it on a case by case basis. Even drug trafficker ex-cons and bank robbers, killers, are hired if they complete cdl school.
    Contact Roadtex Transportation and ask if they will hire you after cdl school. There's more, but Roadtex has a pretty good reputation.
    @Wooly Rhino hires felons and may have a truck available.

lilnae Thanks this.
  6. TruckingCutie88

TruckingCutie88 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Jacksonville FL
    Hello to all, I am torn between the two as well... I totally understand everyones feedback reagrding both schools, I have tried prime and roel as well, prime denied me due to a suspended license in 2014, they told me to reapply in 2020!! what a freaking joke.. no accidents or criminal record. They have a extremely strict process. Roel isnt hiring in my area of florida.. I won't stop until i get my cdls though.

7. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    No matter what you choose, as long as the training period isn't team driving.
    How should a trainer train a student while one of them is in the bunk while other is rolling down the road?

Keep your eyes open for a 'training is no team driving' policy.

8. kilacroc41

kilacroc41 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Albany Ga
    crst have a school in jacksonville they use j tech to train the students i was down there training with cypress truck lines crst had alot students passing there test j tech trains them good

9. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Why did they tell you that?

10. BrownEyedGirI

BrownEyedGirI Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Also, CRST uses trainers with as little as 6 months of driving experience.

11. lilnae

lilnae Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2015
    Illinois
    They said at that time my felony was to recent. It was only 5 years old

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.