CR England "refresher course"

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Trickdog, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Tom_AF7J

Tom_AF7J Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Ogden, Ut
    I went to Salt Lake CIty In the last week of June 2011 and the school is quite Professional and talk about safety a lot . There was a lot of Braging and Rumors going around about students and the school Like that if You float gear it is ok.. or who did not pass dot Physical You do Have to go threw a Physical which includes a stress test of resting Hart rate and Increased Hart rate demonstrate 3 points getting in trailer and lifting and pushing weights and crawling under trailer.

I had to leave because of taking Prescribe adderall
    even though it was not in my system have to wait 90 days from june 27th
    I might go back in October Right now I am Attending a local CDL school In Ogden UT

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CRE Truth

CRE Truth Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Savannah, Ga
    First off, if you washed out for drug abuse you didnt make it past day one... When they do the tests. Onless it was missed on the strip and found in the lab.
    Secondly, anyone who hasnt made it past the school and into at least phase one cant be much of an authority.
    Third, trainers are drivers who get bonus pay for taking a student out. They are only required to have thier liscence for forty days... Outrageous. Its the blind leading the blind... What we call the 'Dumb and Dumber' program. New drivers who get pushed into leasing always take students and become trainets, cant afford the lease otherwise. Almost all trainers are horrible, though a few are good. The training department is lead by Dedre and James Rhodes, two incredibly uncaring and unsafe people. Thanks to these two morons you have two students and one trainer sharing one bed. No one cares about bad trainers just bad students.
    Forth, instructors are paid professional employees who dont drive. Imo they were awesome.
    Fifth, the problem starts at the training phase. Its where everything they told you in class goes out the window and they threaten you or you do whatever they tell you. If you dont like it, they kick you out and you get to find your own way home.
    Lastly, the company was solid... But thier new business plan if crazy. Force you to lease thier trucks, then you have to train, take no responsability for anything that happens because you are leasing you arent part of thier company. They get people killed alot, but pay nothing, get no csa2010 points for it or any other penalties.
    They do make money hand over fist, but thier turnover rate is 174%, and most of the drivers who worked for them hate them. Choice is always yours, wish you guys well, but doubt youll be happy if you go here.

As for my experiences, when my wife and i left CRE to join another company (usa) ive never been happier. Also took four classmates over to this new company. Three of which also love it, but the last guy decided he didnt like trucking as much as he wanted to be home all the time. I also have a brother in law working for warner now. Additionaly I have one uncle who worked for us express and several other companies for years now, and another uncle owns a diesel repair shop. My aunt and uncle on my mothers side are owner opps running dump trucks for nearly thirty years now. Not saying I know everything, but dont write me off... I have a few experiences worth sharing.

4. CRE Truth

CRE Truth Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Savannah, Ga
    Again key words are

I wish everyone well, hope you have great careers.

Winter is starting to make the air cold. Drive safe this season you guys.

5. Tom_AF7J

Sep 9, 2011
    Ogden, Ut

I Have met guys like you in My Cr England Class when I was There Always Loud Mouth Talking Full of poop Truckers. I am Timid and do not Talk a lot because I know Talk is Cheap. And Actions Speak Louder than Words. The best driver is one Who Is Not over confident and not too Timid. You Sir had A bad experience and It seems evident why by the way you talk Case In point. You jump to conclusions That I am A drug when in fact I am not. Ya a drink is a drug and pill is a drug one is to many a thousand is not enough, So Why is that people still drink why not convert us All to Mormons The say nothing wrong and wish everyone well and do not drink or drug .

6. P Dog

P Dog Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ny ny
    If u join cre, then u didnt do ur homework noob. They love noobs (0-6 months verified exp.) an broke individuals. If ur both then dont forget the ky jelly an no crying when seeing ur check when an if u finish phasing out.

Here how it really goes for u noobs. Dorms provided an class starts 6 or 7 am till 8 or 9pm. Dont get comfrontable if u have been in jail or lost ur lic. before)

1. Arrive with food for 4 weeks (microwave noodlez an bread. No frig)
    2. Pay ur 50.00 no refund fee
    3. Pay 75 - 90 for testing fees (two fails ur out)
    4. Pay 1000 - 3000 for class
    5. Pass 5 or more tests with avg of 70%. 3 highest avg go on road an make extra money for weekend.
    6. Start Driving an more background checks.
    7. CRE collecting money from gov an more background checks
    8. Gradute or kicked out of program because u forgot to tell them about that j walking ticket or they dont have company driver position. So u choose, lease a truck after phasing out.
    9. Go on the road for 20k milez or 4 to 6 weeks wit a guy or women who only tells u what u want to hear for you dont jump.off the truck. If u do jump off the truck then u better say they tried to rape u, fight, they drink, bad words or they stink an dont take showers or ur gone. U can change trainer 2-5 timez. Me 7, I was stalling for I can pay back my money without them trying to force me to.lease a truck. I resigned wit only owing 300 bucks. If I didnt stall then I would of phased out an owed 1500, wit 3 months of OTR exp an know one will hire u, plus be forced to lease a truck, when im a company driver. Company drivers get trucks to borrow.
    10. Ur phased out an time to lease a new truck wit 80k milez on at 600-800 a week not including insurance or go the cheaper way an get a older truck less than 5yrs old an pay 300-400. But u better have 2k in pocket and have a run that pays out at least 1500 in the pocket every week. Most of CRE trucks have 2 or more default loans on them an they want u to pay full price for the truck, wen the other two or more peoples are paying wat they can on the same truck. Eagle leasing took them to court and got some or all the money for the same truck, so why should u have to pay full price wen others are paying on the same truck. Ur ending bubble (what u will owe after the lease is paid off) should go down if Eagle collected on pass missed payments from before leasers.
    11. If u do all 48, good luck an find a friend that u really like an love, an money will never come between u2. Use this person as ur second seat, then u will not default on ur 80k - 150k loan wit eagle leasing.
    12. U leave CRE because they lied, well to bad they all do. Now give them ur money u promised to pay. Now if they promised a company driver position, then u can say I will start to pay when I get my company driver position. Eagle will say they dont care, u signed a contract wit us an not CRE. EVEN THOUGH EAGLE IS IN THE SAME DANG BUILDING!
    13. Truck is 6 months from being paid off an CRE knowz that ur leaving them. Now CRE will take the glovez off an see how well did u save for those rainy days. They will give loads that dont pay well, not get u dispacthed for days, start fight wit you in saying ur late when ur not, give u violations for old stuff, say u have to come in for a meeting an the person ur going to speak to is on vacation an now ur on a safety hold till there back, they send u to terminal an say u have to fix all these things before u can leave the yard. If ur still standing, they will just fire u an say they want the truck an they are going to call the cops or repo or both if u dont have the balance u owe for the truck. Forget about using any of ur accounts like maintnence account, because all are frozen, because they said so. Oh yah they will take 7% wear n tear fee for every mile, nothing to talk about, done deal!
    14. Dont lease a truck from CRE, theres many trucking leasing companys looking for noobs. Remember nothing fancy till they SHOW U HOW TO MAKE MONEY!

7. Tom_AF7J

Sep 9, 2011
    Ogden, Ut
    So your from NY and the other guy from the deep south well that is only 2 people who do not like CR England How many are from the west coast or are from UT do not like Cr England ??? Swift England and some other companies all start here In UT and are or where LDS. I am starting to see a trend that the East coast driver does not like CR England. No trucking company is going to be fair if your a new driver.

8. Rick Brown

Rick Brown Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Monroe NC

You have a total of less than a year of experience and you think you are the "authority"?

ROFLMMFAO

9. Tom_AF7J

Sep 9, 2011
    Ogden, Ut
    Going to give Watkins and Shepard a try think it might work out with them. As far as CR England goes From what I have heard from others it might not be good for me because I need the money. Staying in the CR England Hotel was like being in a dorm full of hot shot Know it all. I'm not saying I am any better but where is the respect. They also should check the driver to see if they are up to date on the DMV rules I went to the Utah dmv and they sent me a letter to have my doctor sign for my CPAP
    if you have a CPAP make sure it is on your DMV records.
    oh and CSA puts things in strange spots too. as far as me I have checked with my doctor and I am ok just have to get paper signed.
    Just don't think a refrigerator freight and me not getting sleep from noise and worrying if the bills will get paid is right. pay is 430 gross a week then they put you in phase 2 with 12 cpm with a phase 2 trainer so maybe 720 a week for you. but i bet they only pay the miles you run not your trainer which is 360

10. jayhood

jayhood Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    knoxville,tennessee
    refresher course I have a ? on that one I went to a school and got my cdl after attending for only 40 hours well I wonder if a refresher course will be enough.

11. jayhood

jayhood Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    knoxville,tennessee
    I agree on that they will give you further help if you dont pass right off the bat and think you are right about this being a third party tester thats what all these local cdl schools are about or most of them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.