CR England - The real story

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BeanTownTrucker, Oct 8, 2008.

1. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    If you are going to make weekly updates, may I suggest the use of punctuation to separate your thoughts. Out will make your posts easier to understand.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.

You know, it really isn't to late to bail. There are a ton of other companies that will train you with a lot less headaches in the end. But if you insist, after reading every post about this sweat shop on wheels then have at it. But please, when it's over and you have your CDL in hand, try not to lease one of those trucks they put on the highways in mass. I'm getting tired of dodging one of their trucks every time I pass them, and am especially getting interrupted sleep when one of them tries backing into a spot next to me.
    Good luck, but just remember, we told you so.

4. dougnificent

dougnificent Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2012
    kentucky
    Con Rigs England- rigs for convicts. im new, i know and probably dont have any right posting this, but if you have a good background and driving record, go somewhere else. in my research, they will push the lease program on you after working for a few months. if you do not take the lease program, they will leave you stranded giving runs to the lease guys. and be careful with the small print with them saying you only commit 6 months to them. in small print it says "6 to 24 months." that means they will let you go when they feel like it. if you park the truck and leave, they will say you either walked off the job or you abandoned their truck. READ THE CONTRACT!!! they will rush and force you to just sign without reading.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. slowpoker

slowpoker Light Load Member

May 23, 2011
    new braunfels,tx
    I worked for CR England for 8 years left in 2000,I made a living stayed away from the lease program its a ripoff,if you don't mind working 7days a week it will work,I don't know how it is know with EOBR.If you want to be a O/O go get the financing yourself or just don't do it till your ready.I only had one problem with them they claim to be a family orientated company,but that is far from the truth.They are a cold blooded company and only the bottom line matters .You are only a number to them.You want home time stay away from CR England.

6. mike63

mike63 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    i went to england back in oct.....i lasted 5 months. what school are you going to...UT

7. bryleigh807

bryleigh807 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Louisiana
    I a driving in a team w/England now. Have been in a 9 month lease which is up in 1 month. We are having a difficult time deciding what to do next. Either buy this truck, get in another lease, or go company somewhere else. I would like to go company, but they don't pay enough & co. drivers are put at the bottom of the list for loads. That 14 cents a mile b.s. they steal from the lease pay is my main objection from another lease. And $9,000 is alot to come up with to buy the truck when taxes are coming up & have to pay 15% of gross income for being self-employed.

We were getting plenty of miles for the 1st 6 mos. until I asked for a 5 hr break to take a shower & wash clothes. It was going on 8 days w/out a shower. Since then, we have had several weeks where we both had 2 to 3 34 hr. resets either by having too much time between loads or way too much time on a load. Seriously thinking about changing dm.

What do u recommend & what situation are u in? Co., lease, or o/o?

8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    8 days on the road and I am not getting a shower tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. slowpoker

slowpoker Light Load Member

May 23, 2011
    new braunfels,tx
    I would buy the truck and look for another company,as far as taxes go I would set up a savings account which I would put 8% of my gross into,and discipline my self not to touch it "out of site out of mind"and when the quarter comes send in your taxes which would be in 09/17/12.you can get the form 1040-ES from irs.gov and printed out.I have been doing that for years and I never went under always got money back.But remember CR England doesn't care about you they are a cold blooded company and there only concern is the bottom line,even if the dispatcher is cool to you it doesn't mater he has to follow what management set up.Good Luck:biggrin_25520:

10. unknowguy

unknowguy Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Should have joined site before I started school here in cedar hill tx.... about that 6 month contract did sign it without reading it was a rush. I was (if I was)(I am hearing you) at the time I was just signing paper work saying if I don't work for them for six month I would have to pay them 3000 for training (its free right now).. . I also talk too my dad about a lease he said that would not me a good idea (driver for 20+ years)not for c.r.England.... but I will posting happy are not.

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Howdy bryleigh, Welcome to The Trucker's report. :hello2:

If you decide to purchase after your lease is up, check to be sure the Big truck they'll sell you is the same one you've been driving. We've read reports from C.R.E. lessees that the Big truck that they turned in was destined to be re-leased and not sold. However, they do have Big trucks that they will sell. Judging by the number of complaints from those who leased junkers, it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to figure out what condition those they sell are in.
    :Wrench::Repair costs::Monkey wrench:

Good luck.
    Please keep us posted.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.