CR England: Told I can't upgrade

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckdrivingtrailerpuller, Jun 21, 2018.

1. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Im not gonna say top, better or even. But if you want to see backing skills. Watch the bedbuggers. Or better yet become a mover. You will see trucks backed into spots made for cars. Plenty of practise backing up, down and around corners, hill, culdesac's, across main roads in residential neighborhoods. With cars, trucks, campers, boats, etc.. parked on and past the corner. Light poles, walls, trees, placed in the exact worst possible spot. But when your choice is get it in there. Or carry 25,000lbs of furniture and boxes 300 feet or more. You learn to get it in. *funny thing though give a bedbugger 6 inches on both sides. He will get it in no problem. Have him back up to dock in empty parking lot, with 10 open spots on both sides. Bring popcorn and a drink, it's going to take a while and be entertaining.

kemosabi49, Bean Jr. and taodnt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    I'd recommend you try a longer training program where you can get more practice backing. A 160 hour course would be the most ideal if you have the capability to do so.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  4. Truckdrivingtrailerpuller

Truckdrivingtrailerpuller Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Safety hold removed, passed road and an alley back.

Ironically it WAS YouTube that helped, but a CRE video:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BI4QyCkIPjAA&usg=AOvVaw2f51XC2-qMg3VXKCoypivy

Obviously backing on a range with clearly marked lanes is easier than any of the shopper or receiver spots and FAR easier than even the nicest truck stop.

Tomorrow I find out if I am due for a second seat truck or a training truck.

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    So your not fired.....? Nice.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
  7. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Awesome, now get them wheels turning. And Get Out And Look as much as you need.

AfterShock and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  8. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    [​IMG]

Bean Jr. and Lab work Thank this.
  10. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Always use the company protocal. This is not the same as the military whare you shoot targets. Now you are the target.

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    No, he got a piece of paper with some calligraphy on it. Doesn't mean he is qualified to set an egg timer. I have some friends that work for Epic and some of their interview stories can match my trainee stories.

Lab work Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.