Craziest thing you have ever seen driving on the road!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Feb 24, 2021.

1. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    In a regular vehicle though? You'd just tear up the car. I'd like to think if I was in my truck and traffic wasn't bad I could speed up and nudge the tire in to the woods with my trailer or at least with my drives.

Deere hunter and Hammer166 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I wouldn't trash a car for nothing, but if meant keeping it from crossing the median and killing somebody? I couldn't live with myself knowing I didn't try.

Wargames, dwells40, 86scotty and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    I was running west leaving Santa Rosa New Mexico probably about 10 miles out,. It was just starting to get good and dark. I happened to glance over to the left and I saw pick up going east leaving Sparks on the highway. I’m not two seconds later I seen a wheel attach to an axle go right over my hood almost hit my passenger mirror.

One night about 35 years ago, me and my buddy where hauling cottonseed out of South Texas up through San Antonio. So my buddy gets on the radio and says slow down I think I saw something in the bar ditch looks like a suitcase scattered all over the place and maybe a body. So I slow down a little bit and roll by it sure enough clothes everywhere and right in the middle of it looks like a body. So we go up to the next overpass and I park my truck and get in with him we turn around and go back to see what’s going on. Mind you we were in our 20s and a little spooked. Sure enough there lies the guy duck tape around his head and his hands tied behind his back with duct tape.

Blue jeans, dwells40, 86scotty and 3 others Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    upload_2021-3-11_0-48-50.png upload_2021-3-11_0-48-50.png
    Heres the pic of the driver who freaked in Montana. Almost lost everything.
    Not able to get this site to turn it?

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  6. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Homeless people have surprisingly low crime rates. The people to watch out for are the ones who wear suits and ties every day.

Kyle G., dwells40, jason6541 and 5 others Thank this.
  7. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Saw a video of something similar on Bonehead Truckers YouTube channel. The guy''s IC bar was hanging by a thread too though. I wonder if it was the same guy. Lol.

Badmon and Deere hunter Thank this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Their crime is the garbage they love to leave behind.

86scotty and Deere hunter Thank this.
  9. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Ever been to a truck stop? Lol.

Or wait. Maybe you're talking about truckers the whole time and I didn't get the joke. Yeah I'm still shaking off the cobwebs this AM.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Flat Earth Trucker and 86scotty Thank this.
  10. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Eastbound in Texas one night, passed a wrong way driver who was doing about 45mph heading eastbound on the westbound side of the highway. Two westbound cars passed him on the westbound side as I watched, and more were coming. Got over to the left shoulder flashing my hazards and brights for a couple/few miles as I called 911, but they were already frantically on it.

Another night, eastbound again, this time somewhere on i30 in Arkansas, passed a wrong way pedestrian heading westbound on my side of the highway, walking along the dotted white line between the two eastbound lanes. That's one heck of a thing to have suddenly appear in your headlights right in front of you. She was yelling at the traffic but she was right by an exit ramp of a town.

11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Ghost drivers,,,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.