Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    yea, bein home everyday is gonna cost ya. i know i give up about 40 bucks a day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Job is somewhat seasonal as well, being propane in the winter and asphalt in the other months. Weather-dependent as well. Can't stomach that kind of a pay cut....wish I could! But that was the first inquiry, and I'm not so desperately unhappy here. They keep me rolling, checks are accurate, equipment is good (nice not to have to worry so much about trailers...got a brand new one right now, in fact). So, I'm not leaving for just any position. At age 53, my next job change will be my last of my own accord.

4. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    HAHA...my first Thanksgiving on my new smaller stomach. I swear I ate about one fifth of what I would have normally eaten. Yet I am stuffed just the same. :fart:

48Packard Thanks this.
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Camping at customer in Dunkirk, NY. A spit from Lake Erie. Gotta wait til tomorrow afternoon to get loaded. I sure hope the old Lake-Effect-Snow Machine stays dormant.

6. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Picked up a load on Saturday that didn't deliver until Monday morning at 0730 and was only 350 miles. This was actually good news as it delivered in my home town and I was able to have a day off at home plus get a much needed 34 reset and do some supply shopping as well as laundry. I had to work a lot harder at home than I would have on the road but it was still good to be there. Now picking up a 750 miler to the Dallas area, so it's all good. Hope everyone has great week.

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I"m kinda in the same boat....got a nice 1100-miler on the 29th that didn't have to deliver until the 4th. Gonna deliver it tomorrow after a 34, which is nice as I'm out til the 13th. Gives me a chance to do some house cleaning. So far, I have found a half-dozen shirts I somehow misplaced, six more that I can give away, a trashed jacket, a pair of my pants I also somehow misplaced (this is all on the upper bunk!), two more sets of nail clippers, some ibuprofen that expired two years ago, and all my long underwear for the upcoming cold weather (the reason I originally initiated this adventure).

Only submitted 700 miles last week, along with some breakdown pay and TG day pay (if we get that).

stungjoe Thanks this.
  8. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    Two more weeks till my possible release from the doctor.:biggrin_25519:

xlsdraw and RizenPhoenix Thank this.
  9. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Petro at Glade Springs, Va. Gotta be here til I get hours back at midnight tomorrow night.

10. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    Sounds like you've been busy!

11. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida

Always. I don't settle for anything less.

stungjoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.