Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN

stungjoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    I would but since they cut out my stomach (had a sleeve gastrectomy) food consists of about three bites and I'm full....now that massage parlor on the other hand....haha

tucker Thanks this.
  4. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Yeah...in my previous job I once got a load to Ridgewood, NY. However, Ridgewood, NY turned out to be in Queens, NY.:biggrin_2559: Good luck!

stungjoe Thanks this.
  5. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Kinda reminds me of the time Crete offered me two loads out of Indiana. One went to Brooklyn and the other went to Jamaica, NY. So i took the load to Jamaica NY. Well, it turns out Jamaica is in Queens NY.

Olympian Thanks this.
  6. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Gotta love the backhanded dishonesty! But that is exactly why Google Maps is your friend. They can't pull one over me like that.

Also, ALWAYS ask for info on extra stops if you get a preplan going to anywhere in upstate NY with an extra stop. Arguably, you should do that anyway, but be especially dilligent with the NY multi-stoppers. They'll often sneak a NYC/Long Island delivery in as an extra stop; that way they can pull the wool over your eyes AND screw you out of the $100 congestion pay, since you only get that if you pick up or make your final drop in NYC/Long Island.

stungjoe and Olympian Thank this.
  7. Olympian

Jun 21, 2013
    That was me until they issued my new truck. I put my old one in the shop in Wilmer for that, but it turned out to be a waste of time. They wanted to know why my idle percentage had increased to 16.5 percent when the weather turned cold. Well, it's because I idled my truck in the morning to warm up, but I nonetheless froze all night. Anyway, I don't have to worry about that anymore.

8. Olympian

Jun 21, 2013
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Trust me, it won't ever happen again.

9. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Lounging in Lenoir City.

10. Olympian

Jun 21, 2013
    Doing a 34 hour restart at the FJ in Peculiar, MO. Picking up a load in the Space Center in Independence, MO and bringing it to West Monroe, LA starting in the morning. Meanwhile, I'm watching the Kansas City/Indianapolis game on my TV right now.

11. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    got my truck back about noon. no trailers of course so I sent dispatch a note....nothing. two hours later still nothing. around five o'clock a driver drags in an empty says it need a tire. shop got it done in 30 minutes! sent dispatch a note. nothing back yet :biggrin_25512:

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.