Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    I don't doubt you can get it, but I suspect it depends on your FM, since the official policy is for pickup or final drop only, hence why I pointed it out. I have not run into this issue yet (as the only such load I got would have required me to do 687 miles in one day - impossible in a 62mph truck if you run legal.) personally.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Picked up a load yesterday in Lacombe, LA going to Hopkins, MN. There is no delivery date on it yet. Anyway, I'm laying over at the TA in Foristell, MO tonight and will drive over to the FJ in Northfield, MN for tomorrow night and await a deliver time for hopefully early in the morning Monday. The TA over here is about 7 miles out of route, but it was my best option for the night.

4. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    Sitting in Barkeyville, PA for the night. I'm hoping to make it to West Greenwich, RI in plenty of time to watch the Cowgirls lose to Philly. I'm a Cowboys fan but with Romo out and the defense....well let's just say "what defense" dem' boys ain't got no chance. But it is winner go to play-offs loser go golfing. we'll see!

5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Talked to one of our husband and wife teams today that have been with Crete 7 years. After waiting 4 hours for a load plan ops gave 'em a 240 miler that can't deliver til Monday. I waited about an hour and got a 600 miler.

6. Drac1985

Drac1985 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Cleveland , Ohio
    I was just offered a job with Crete. Now another thread here said the place and mileage sucks. This one says different. It is a puzzlement. When they offered me a one way car rental to get to the training center in New Kingston I was impressed as every other company was only gonna send a bus ticket.

So I have 60 days to go over everything they told me. Yes, I know recruiters can and will say anything to draw a new driver in so any help from you drivers would be greatly appreciated.

7. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    How much experience do you have? A better than average mega.

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You have to find out for yourself, the pay is better than most, but they are as annoying as everyone else, unlike myself, I'm never annoying, ever.

Every now an again I get in the "group" and get long load after long load and it's great. Easy miles and a lot of them. But then you get back to normal with the 400 mile runs, then a 200 miler, than they throw the "big" 650 miler at you. I work 7 days a week and only manage 2100 miles, after a while it sucks. Until I'm back in the group. I usually stay out 5 weeks, longer if I'm running hard, 4 weeks if I'm running less.

You think that IT guy could make the mmr where we can copy and paste, Jeez

View attachment 60007

Mev and Drac1985 Thank this.
  9. Olympian

Jun 21, 2013
    I sent dispatch a message at 06:30 this morning inquiring when I can deliver my load, as I was at the FJ in Northfield, MN and about 38 miles away from my consignee, which is Supervalu in Hopkins, MN. I also further followed up around 07:15 this morning because I knew my AM's shift begins at 07:00. I was assured that the CSR was working on it. Then I heard nothing but crickets until 10:45 when I received a message for me to hurry up and get to Supervalu foods ASAP because my appointment was scheduled for 10:30. Hence, I left ASAP and here I still sit no doubt pushed to the back of the line.

Anyway, I got a PPL picking up at Faribault Foods in Faribault, MN going to Campbell Soup in Maxton, NC, which is a little over 1300 miles. However, it doesn't deliver until 01/04/14 at 02:00. I asked my AM if we could T-call the load in route and he said, "yes." So hopefully I can get out of here to pick it up at 19:00 this evening.

By the way, it was sweltering over here last night at -11.

10. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    got the heck out of Connecticut. man they either drive 90 or fiddy five always in the hammer lane! heading to Minnesota where it's minus whatever degrees that freezes things till they fall off your body is. :biggrin_25521:

11. Olympian

Jun 21, 2013
    I know I already lost a couple of fingers and three toes just opening the doors to back up to this dock where I am right now. Whew...it can be a rough job at times.:biggrin_25512:

stungjoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.