Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    All went well, thanks. When they're in there they bloat the body cavity up with air so they can move around and what not. That air is then trapped when they sew...well actually glue and staple you back up. It takes a while for this air to be expelled by the body. That is by far the most painful part of things. The pain meds do very little for this. I'm back at home and getting up and around very well. I have to walk every hour to help prevent clotting. I bought the box set of Sons of Anarchy so at the end of every episode I get up and walk for a few minutes. Clear liquids, broth and skim milk will be my diet for the next few days the I can add creamy soups and protein shakes. Staples come out Thursday.

48Packard and xlsdraw Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere

We always knew you were full of hot air!:biggrin_2552: Glad things went smoothly!

stungjoe Thanks this.
  4. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    I hated the way the Prostars were tuned! It bugged the heck out of me when pulling. If you try to keep up your momentum the computer would take it away. If you waited till the computer would allow you to climb you had already lost your momentum anyways! But it happened in all the gears not just 8th

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I got offered a 2500 mile load and had to turn it down. That's twice in my time here. They only offer me those long Cali loads when I'm a few days from being due home in Florida.

6. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    The only time I've ever been offered real good runs like that (1600+ mi) is when I'm A) low on hours on my 70 or B) after emptying out from my home load.

7. TruckerJimbo

TruckerJimbo Medium Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Florida
    I think they do that on purpose...so if you ever complain about miles, they can always point back to your refusal of a big mile load and say you didn't want THOSE miles. They hope you do not remember why you had to turn it down...then they guilt you....

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  8. TruckerJimbo

TruckerJimbo Medium Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Florida
    I have checked that thread out....have things gotten better for you?
    (BTW- was in Deland last Friday...saw Rae, but she said nothing to me...I talked to Nancy for a bit.)

9. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Hey...how do I sign in to the Crete employee website? I need to check if I need to add or delete some insurance during open enrollment. Isn't it like your driver code and your social security number or something?

10. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Social security number as username, birth date with no slashes (MMDDYYYY format) as password.

Olympian Thanks this.
  11. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    So. Really not digging the Espar heater in the new truck. It's the blower type, not the coolant heater like in the PS. I cant get it set just right - it's either smoldering or freezing in here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.