Crete Carrier Corporation - Lincoln, Ne.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DeadManWalking, Mar 7, 2006.

1. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good luck and make that class fun! I doubt you get this but just incase!

Don't let them log girls say anything mean to you, if they do just tell me and I will get' em:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    Going from CA to NE I would have taken a Boeing over a Chevy.

On them dark lonely nights you can rub that CRETE decal, make 3-wishes, and all will be good.

Just please don't start an online diary about Crete. Those always end with, "I called my dispatcher and quit."

Seriously, good luck with Crete. They are one of the few last best hopes in this meat grinder of an industry.

Remember, as a Professional it is up to you to "manage" your log book.

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Varmit, I don't know if you'll get to read this before orientation starts for you, but I want to wish you well.

I also want to advise you to G.O.A.L. on every back while you're at Crete. One backing wreck and you may be going back to Cally on a bus, which CCC won't pay for. After that, the hellhole's bottom is the limit.

You have it #### good today. Make sure you keep it good by keeping your nose clean. Be extra careful, as they don't play around there when it comes to accidents.

5. upsizer

upsizer Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2006
    I definitely agree that you should G.O.A.L. However, I had a very minor backing incident while I was with Crete and came out okay. It was judged to be a 3 point violation and since my safety rating at that point was a -11, I came out of it at -8 and you get to +15 before they fire you unless it's really bad/expensive or you've begun to show a trend. If you have an accident of any kind, just do what you're supposed to do and report it immediately. Don't panic and don't even think about lying about it or trying to cover it up.

6. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    You're right, UP. CCC does use a point system. I remember that now. I guess one would have a little leeway with those guys if he had a DACcident. However, if he has an accident out on the highway, that'd be another matter, I'm sure.

I do know that when one has a DACcident at CCC, those guys will send him to a terminal for a safety review. I had some sort of minor thing happen when I worked there, but I can't remember what it was. It might have been a backing dinger at a yard. I only remember I spent three days at the Marietta terminal watching videos and listening to lectures.

Crete really does try to keep its drivers around, whether those drivers want to be around or not. When a driver has a DACcident there, they could just can him, but they don't. This may change when Mr. Acklie passes on, but for now I'd definitely go with Crete as my carrier of choice. Of course, I've said this here about ten thousand times already.

7. CaptRon

CaptRon Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2007
    America
    Howdy,

Does Crete use auto or manual trannys?

Ron

8. qcommkiller

qcommkiller Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Jefferson City, MO
    They use manual trannies.

9. catnip

catnip Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Do new drivers have a good shot at getting hired at Crete? I am thinking about atending a SAGE school but I'd rather not get into trucking if I'm doomed to start at a bad company. Also, if I am trained at SAGE, would I be trained again if Crete did hire me?

Thanks for any input guys/gals!

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    You should just train at Crete. They used to train drivers at a community college in Lincoln, but they may have quit doing that. I've heard that has been cut back and maybe stopped. Don't know the details. But if you can still train at that Lincoln CC, go for it. Call CCC in Lincoln and find out if they still have that program/partnership and what it will cost an out-of-state student to take the course.

If you hire on at CCC AND keep your nose clean, you'll do fine there. I'd even almost go as far as sign an indentured servitude contract with them, they are so good compared to the likes of the Englands and Swifts of the world.

11. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    You can train at Sage but if you want to that is were I went and they are pretty good as far as schools. I had a classmate that was hired by crete in his second week of school he planned on going with them they were better than most job offers that he got.

You can work almost anywere depending on your driving record.

You will also have to go through training with any otr company even if you go to any school you are not fully trained by any school.
    You will allways be learning no matter how much time you have been driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.