Crete Carrier Corporation - Lincoln, Ne.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DeadManWalking, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Check out Crete's website. CCC does have a terminal in Denver, but they have a few around in different places. I was based out of the Salt Lake terminal, and when I first started running for them, I ran back east a LOT. This pissed me off. One tour I took saw me leave Utah and return 46 days later. After getting back, it still took them three more days to get me to my house. I had to join CCC's "western fleet" to get regular hometime. I got home while on that fleet maybe once every 5 days or so. I also ran west exclusively, which I "sort of" liked. The catch was I had to take a 3-cent per mile pay cut. It may have been 4 cents. Don't remember, but it was a chunk.

If I were you, I'd check into the Denver terminal, sure. They may give you the best of both worlds. Driving back east is not bad, but I don't want to drive in the east exclusively. I don't necessarily want to drive in the west solely, either, especially if I have to take a pay cut to do that. Being based out of the Denver terminal may allow you to see both coasts regularly.

Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dsrnsc1971

dsrnsc1971 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2006
    South Carolina
    I appreciate the advice and I'll check out what information I can find on Crete's Denver terminal. As for seeing both coasts, I've lived on both coasts so it's all the same to me. I'd just like to make it back to Denver every and then if I were to use Denver as home base so to speak.

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    That sounds good. CCC also has a terminal just SE of Dallas. Maybe you could drive out of that terminal and run I-20 and I-10 a lot. That would be a bonus in the winter.

5. dsrnsc1971

dsrnsc1971 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2006
    South Carolina
    that is an excellent idea! Thanks!

6. bigrigdvr

bigrigdvr Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2006
    i was with crete back in 99 to 00 left to run more regional freight around ohio thinking about going back.i'm working for the great pumpkin right now on a dedicated acct that has not deliverd on mileage or money promised at sign on time.

7. jpwtrucking

jpwtrucking Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Orlando,FL

The Terminal is in Wilmer, TX off of I-45 look for the southbound Scale and it is the next exit on the west side

8. jpwtrucking

Apr 17, 2006
    Orlando,FL

I restarted my Trucking career at Crete, My trainer there was Georgia Speed Man, we are good friends to this day

he is a SE regional for Crete for 13 years and he is very happy, I loved working National for them but transfered to Shaffer then moved to Prime to get my wife her CDL

an awesome company to work for

9. jpwtrucking

Apr 17, 2006
    Orlando,FL

Company Orientation is in Lincoln,NE

Trainer Time is an average of 8 weeks depending on your experience and how well your trainer thinks you are doing

no slip seating

Passenger Policy used to be wife/kids over 5

Solo Drivers drive a Century F/L (Not Brand new if you are starting out, have to have seniority) governed at 64-65 MPH

The Pay Practical Route Miles and Just Had Another Pay Raise I believe

Very Very Tight on Logbooks and Safety, the tightest and most strict i would say.

No Inverters over 400 Watts and lighter plug only, exceptions are made for people with a perscription for a c-pap for sleep apnea

1 day off for every 7 days run

someone else correct me if my info is old

10. sinclac

sinclac Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2006

I just started with them 3 weeks ago and have no complants so far.
    i run the western fleet, i got a 2004 FLD with 280821 on it (Pretty much a new truck)
    With the pratical miles every load i have hauld so far the paid miles have been more then what i have driven.
    They take real good care of the trucks this one looks like new inside and out.
    1 day for every six out, every one just got a 3 cents raise on 9-1

11. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    I talked to Crete about comming over but have personal reasons keeping me at USX, any way the Recruter told me that a couple things i like very much about the hire process....

1. You are Hired as of the Day your asked to come to orentation no sorry and sending you back home..
    2. for anyone living next to a terminal i live next to knoxville terminal they said when i am asked to goto orentation i will go to knoxville where i will be given a truck and a load that goes to linclon, NE for orentation
    3. i like the ideal of profit sharing i was reading that last year they paid out 6million company wide in bonuses
    (I would like clarification about the profit sharing.. is it kinda like Christmas bonuses, is that the general time when they pay out those profit sharing dividens?)
    4. Free Rider Policy (USX charges $25.00 a month)
    5. Free Pet Policy (USX charges a nonrefundable fee of $500.00, your also financialy responsible for any mechanical damages to the truck that the pet may cause like if pet hair is found in the evaporator you buy a new 1, they also charge for filters ect.)

Downsides

1. i dont like the ideal of being restricted to 400 watt inverters, i use a 1500cobra to run my fridgerator,oven,microwave, we do live in our trucks and its cheeper than truckstops

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.