Crete Carrier Facts

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Overkill, Dec 6, 2011.

1. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I definitely don't kiss ###, but I don't try to make waves either. I stay out longer sometimes, so that probably helps my mileage some. I'm probably only home 45 days all year, but that's my choice. They try to send me home at 21 days. I've been here 4 years, and have gotten my raise every year.
    I have heard drivers complain about being micro managed, but I have not had that issue at all. I don't know if it has to do with who your fleet manager is or what. In 4 years I have only had my manager call me less than 10 times, probably less than 6, not sure. I call them once a month to set my home time and that's usually it. I wouldn't like it if they were calling me all the time.
    Communication could sometime be a little less than ideal, but since they've gone to the Asset Manager system, it's considerably better. I've even actually been pre-planned for my next load a few times.
    All I'm trying to say is that there are people that have had a bad experience here and there are those that get along well. I am in the group that is happy here, pay is above average ($54K the last 2 years and I spent a week in the hospital last year)benefits are decent, the only way I will probably leave is if I can find the perfect local job which I have'nt found yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.