Crete Carrier- Knoxville, Tn-- Terminal

Discussion in 'Crete' started by lockehmmr, Sep 11, 2007.

1. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Same here with me really.....most of the routes it picks out are just fine, also if you change your route that has a fuel stop somewhere make sure you message your fleet manager....they can get a little touchy about that!!

As far as the terminals go, I think Wilmer is one of the better ones and also one of the bigger ones too..but if you base your choice of a company based almost solely on terminals then you probably will be one of those that hangs around terminals whining about how they dont get any miles...... Kansas City is a big term and not a bad one, Ottawa is my home term, very small but the people in the office there I find are very nice...Columbus is ...one thing I dont like though is some of the terminals do not have 24 hour access...and that I dont like at all. As a rule I try to stay away from terminals as much as possible...

Also with regards to the Knoxville term they are currently building a spanking new terminal in TN....cant remember where!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I don't plan to live at the terminal but I don't want to have to park my truck at a dump for hometime either. But the terminal is towards the bottom of my list so I'm not too worried

4. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    the wilmer terminal is good...and if you leave the truck there they have security also.....

5. DevilDog911

DevilDog911 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Can you take the truck home during hometime or does it have to be at a terminal?

6. haze1

haze1 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Midwest City, Oklahoma
    Yep, you can take her home if you desire or you can park her at a truck stop which is what i do when on hometime.

7. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I heard if you lived within 50 miles of a terminal you have to park the truck at the terminal. Anyone care to confirm this?

8. Mulerescue007

Mulerescue007 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    You can take your truck home, even if you live in the same town.

9. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    that's a prettty rediculous reason to not go. i've read more posts from people about the dump a company put them in for orientation or whatever. what the heck does all that matter? are you looking for a $400 a night hotel. i know when i travel i look for a $60 a night or cheaper. i think some people are just spoiled and prissy. you are getting into truck driving, it's not going to be a glammorous life, get over yourself. i'm hoping to get the call this week from shaffer and i'll be going to knoxville, i believe. i don't care if they tell me i have to sleep in a cardboard box and eat ramen noodles. whatever it takes to get a job. Ok enough of my ########, i put this question up somewhere else but haven't got an answer so i'll add it here since i saw a question about taking trucks home above. do you typically take a tractor and trailer home of just the tractor. i have a place to park a tractor in my driveway but not the trailer. if you do take a trailer home is there typically a way to park trailers in a shopping center or something? thanks for the response

10. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Since you live in the Manchester,TN area why can't you take the equipment to a truck stop?

franktaylor Thanks this.
  11. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    i'll learn all of that once i get going, i guess i wasn't thinking you could leave a trailer at a truckstop. i have the one on 24 about 20 miles up the road. thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.