Crete Crete Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by starstress, Sep 11, 2007.

1. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Hopefully I will be driving 48 for Crete in a couple weeks... Im waiting until after the holidays and Crete is still waiting for my current employer to respond. 2008 will be Great ! DRIVE SAFE:biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. New Driver

New Driver Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    Hello, i saw your post and wanted to ask you some question if you don't mind. First, you say that you live in Atlanta so you could drive home everyday while in orientation/training. So where do they hold their training because I too live in Atlanta and was thinking of joining them.

Secondly, how long is the training and what is the pay while in training.
    Do they have terminals in Atlanta? Whats the equipment like? Thats all I can think of now. Please help.

Ed

4. New Driver

New Driver Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    Just wanted to back by and let everyone know, that after further researching I found the answer to my own questions. Have question about the equipment still. Like can you have a TV in the truck, a microwave oven, how big are the sleepers(I am 6'0", don't want to be cramped), how much room are in the sleeper berth since this is home away from home.

Thanks
    Ed

5. flathead

flathead Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2007
    North of Syracuse, NY
    Normally you could have a Microwave in the truck, but at Crete, you are limited to a 300W max inverter. No microwave will run off of that. Most TVs will run off of a 300W max inverter, though. (assuming your TV isn't AC/DC, that is) Heck, I ran a whole entertainment center off of a 140W inverter. That's digital ATSC TV (AC only), DVD player (AC only), and amplified computer speakers (with wall wart AC adapter) used for stereo sound from the TV and DVD player.

There is not much room in the sleeper berth. The bed is a little smaller than twin sized. At 6', you should be OK sleeping. The problem is, there isn't room to do anything other than sleep in there. Your bunk in the sleeper will be your bed and sofa, to watch TV in. You won't be doing anything else back there, really. But don't worry, you won't have much time to do anything but sleep anyway. That is, unless you get stuck doing a 34-hour reset in the middle of nowhere, or have a long detention / layover somewhere. -Dave

6. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    After several weeks of calling me to verify a WAREHOUSE job I did 5 years ago for 2 1/2 yrs, they just stopped calling. I called them to verify my application, they said I was rejected because they couldn't verify that employer, bye and click. I was like "That's messed up, that chick hung up on me." It's good, I got hired somewhere else anyway.

7. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Cool!!! Crete is one of the three that I've picked to try to work for. Keep up the posts and good luck.

8. bamasboy

bamasboy Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2009
    White,Ga
    I'm in the NW ATL area as well and am currently talking to a RECRUITER AT CRETE. cAN YOU TELL ME WHERE THE ORIENTATION IS GIVEN IN GA? tHNX

9. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Orientation would be at our Marietta terminal. This is the only terminal we have around Atlanta.

bamasboy Thanks this.
  10. jls

jls Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2009
    pollock pines ca
    wow looking to chg jobs leaving landspan, no miles, do they run husband wife teams well,

11. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Yes. Teams have a dedicated dispatcher. However, due to the economy, not sure if it will be any better than Landspan. Call recruiting and ask what is the current miles for teams.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.