Crete, from one red truck to another

Discussion in 'Crete' started by majestyk, Jul 11, 2011.

1. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    After a month of taking care of some personal issues and a little vacation time I will be starting orientation at Crete on Wednesday. I drove for Roehl for a little over a year and was treated fairly decently while there but I can't argue with a 0.05 per mile pay raise (along with better benefits) and from what I can ascertain another decent company. I leave for New Kingston, PA tomorrow on what will hopefully be a smooth transition by the weeks end.

Jayhawker, Hatley, dude6710 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Good Luck with the new adventure

4. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Thanks bowlwinkle. Made it to New Kingston a couple of hours ago and checked in at the hotel. Drove up and down the street to see what was around and stopped by the terminal as well to get a lay of the land before tomorrow morning. Looking forward to getting started.

5. Livininabox

Livininabox Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    Welcome Majestyk!
    I'm sure you will find Crete a good fit. I also came over from Roehl 11 months ago and have no regrets. Better pay, No handholding (that was a big reason i left Roehl), Better miles.
    No assigned dispatcher here but I don't have a problem with regional dispatch, I'm kept rolling and haven't had issues with some of the dispatchers here that others on the board have had. ALTHOUGH some of those questions they ask may have you wondering if they actually read messages you sent or can comprehend them.
    Be polite, use your hours wisely and you will do fine here.
    Once again, Welcome Aboard !!

Jayhawker Thanks this.
  6. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    Good luck Majestyk! I hope things go well for you at Crete.

7. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Thanks guys.

Well 7 of us started today and only four of us are returning tomorrow. I started off the day with the road test first. Was good to get that part out of the way early on. By the time I was back 4 of the group had left for the lab to do the physical/work well tests. The rest of us did paper work and made it to the lab around 1145 and the first group was still not finished. Ended up that the physical knocked out 3 of them. All three in my group passed and we returned to the terminal for some last minute paper work. So there is one guy from JBH, one O/O from Schneider and a trainee left besides me.

Ready to get orientation knocked out and rolling back down the road. I did notice that they have a sleep lab trailer outside the main terminal area. A pretty nice perk for drivers thinking they may have a sleeping disorder as I understand those tests are not exactly free on the outside.

Jayhawker Thanks this.
  8. Son of a Trucker

Son of a Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Truckstop
    On road test, is it a group or is it just you and the tester?

9. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
  10. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    I recently took a trip from pittsburgh. pa to chicago, ill on the way up and back i seen more crete trucks than any others on the road on toll road 80 going across ohio, does crete have that big of a freight base and what is the weekly mileage for drivers? thanks

RuthlessPumpkin Thanks this.
  11. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Crete/Shaffer has around 5000 trucks, so their freight base is good. I have averaged around 2750 miles/week since Jan 1, and that includes all of my time at home. I do stay out 3-4 weeks at a time though. Hope this helps.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.