Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    I don’t know anything about Frey... I see them but that’s it.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    With reefer you will have tons of 1am, 3am appointments which stink in my book.

Bumper and Metallica88 Thank this.
  4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Would be better off running regional with Estes lol. You'd start at #### near .60 something top out .70! $1400 is "normal" for me and I go home every week.

5. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Yes I worked there. I will be totally honest. You don’t get per diem, you drive back n forth to work, your car sits in their lot getting weathered, you put gas in your car, maybe repairs, you pay car insurance, you pay rent, you pay utilities and the list goes on and on. And if you hotel hop that stinks too. I would rather be in the same bed than those ratty hotels.
    I have two bills a month, my storage unit and my cell with WiFi.
    My new (paid off) Tacoma sits quietly in my storage unit and waits for me. Now, your thinking... I don’t have a life, right? Wrong!
    I’m on my 34 in Daytona Beach and it’s going to be sunny and 75/80. For me that’s 90 and I’m jumping in the ocean. Can’t wait.
    I’m NOT being disrespectful but I have done what you do. I have paid those bills you pay. I prefer to live like “Peter Pan”! Peter Pan has no obligations or bills. I can literally sit on the beach for the next 2 years and still be financially well. Most local guys can’t say that. I was one of them 4 years ago.

6. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I'm thinking of doing what you're doing. I just wanna put my stuff in storage, minimize my bills, and just live on the road.
    Maybe get a hotel for home time.

7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I did that with Marten. Saved a ton of cash, night my house, went to Estes, saved a ton of cash, bought a bigger house, and now I'm selling this house for 32K. Only paid 21K from my uncle! Win/Win!

I support you drivers. I'm happy you're not getting ripped off!

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  8. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    My friend, you don’t need a hotel for hometime. I PC... I don’t abuse it tho. My truck is set up with full internet, a cooker, I even hook my Apple MacBook to the stereo when I watch Netflix. It literally makes you feel like your in an imax movie.

Also, people say “when my ship comes in things will be better”... well ships don’t come in they are BROUGHT in! You can bring your ship in too.
    Good ideas you have. It works for me (not for everyone) and if it didn’t I wouldn’t be here. I stay out for months. Some companies consider me the cats ### but I know I’m just a number. A valuable number.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  9. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Thank you but unfortunately some drivers are and they don’t even know it.

10. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    What's PC?

11. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Personal Conveyance. The company allows you to PC around. So tomorrow when I’m on my 34, I will PC to Walmart and a real laundry mat. And since the beach is 5 miles away I will do that too. Abusing the privilege isn’t good so I don’t use it often. Once a month, if that.
    Oooo, I have a peddle bike too so I cruise around on that too. It’s all what you make of it. If you can take two dimes and make a quarter you will do just fine out here. I was super nervous at first but since I was a city driver for so long I can get off the interstate and not be afraid. I’ll jump off the interstate in downtown Chicago and it doesn’t bother me. Remind you, I’m from the Northeast so this is easy peasy! You’ll do fine. If you ever need help just reach out to me and unlike others I wouldn’t want a dime in exchange. “Fellow drivers help fellow drivers”!

archangelic peon and Metallica88 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.