Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I managed to make their notorious "Do Not Rehire" list. I've found that my Crete addiction resolved itself once the alluring recruitment messages stopped.

jethro712 and Metallica88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Slomosion

Slomosion Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Started with Crete last month. I chose them for OTR component, ability to select home location anywhere, and talking to various drivers with varying opinions, mostly positive.

Let's dig into why some drivers have negative opinions. Attitude, entitlement, and failing to research.

With over 24 years in the industry, from vans to flatbed, reefers to tankers, the industry is evolving on two fronts: ELD and automatics.

Having said that, there is a real shortage of experienced drivers that understand the beast. OTR operations are struggling with drivers that are new, inexperienced, and unwilling to put in a solid year.

Just yesterday, two 20 year drivers were recognized at Crete. Couple days ago, one 30 year driver.

That's the problem. Fewer drivers are staying with one company, always looking for greener pastures. This is the attitude of people in this industry, feeling entitled, unwilling to invest in their success.

Farmerbob1, Bud A. and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. zep1218

zep1218 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Agawam
    Julie needs to go thou..ugh.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.