Crete, southeast regional

Discussion in 'Crete' started by vino, Aug 11, 2007.

1. vino

vino Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Abita Springs, Louisiana
    I'm considering Crete. Does anyone know about southeast regional? Can you get home weekly? How many miles avg? also would consider Dedicated. I'm in Jacksonville, Fl.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Weazz

Weazz Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Florida
    Have you decided ?

I'm prolly heading there also but with shaffer.. I was told on a blog to work on the crete side for whatever reason, We'll see :biggrin_2554:

4. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    I may be going to SE regional when I move down to Greensboro. According to the Crete website, the SE regional averages 2300 miles per week and the "Top 25%" get 2500 miles per week.

Miles aren't as high as National, but it may be worth a try. I hope to, once on board, tell everyone how it is.

I know on JB's website (not that I would EVER go there) say they have a SE regional gig and you generally get 2000 miles a week. At .34-.35 per mile, JB can keep it. Crete's pay on SE regional starts at .39 per mile.

JB claims annual income to be $34,000 -37,000 per year. Crete claims average pay is $52,600

Even with JB's 2cpm "monthly bonus," Crete is still tops. In fact, most regional gigs I have seen pay much less than Crete.

5. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    I've just come through rehire orientation and was told freight is extremely slow system wide, and industry wide. From what I have heard, there are no current openings on SE, MidAtlantic, or General Mills Dedicated right now - all drivers are going into National.
    There is a rumor that General Mills MAY have several openings for the holiday season as they want to expand shipments after the Covington plant comes back on-line.

Also, I have read elsewhere here at these forums that SE does not guarantee weekend time off, only 'weekly' time off, typically a 34 hour restart. To many regional drivers are used for completing 'T' calls done by national drivers trying to get home on the weekend and the load needs to be completed for a Monday delivery.

6. STICK HAULER

STICK HAULER Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    HICKORY,NC
    Just spoke to recruiter, no openings in southeast, crete or shaffer, no orentations until at least jan 13 of 2009, have been approved and waiting on them , this post 12 -18-2008 7.30 est any more questions will try to help ,,,,stickhauler

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.