Crete training

Discussion in 'Crete' started by longbedGTs, Oct 27, 2007.

1. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Im starting with Crete soon and have learned that training is 8 weeks. Out 4 weeks, home 1 week, then out another 4 wks. Why is training so long? Also, why is oreintation held after training? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itzamejason

itzamejason Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2009
    dandridge, tn
    I went through Crete training from 04/06 thru 06/06 and I have to say they have some really good trainers. I still talk with my trainer today. He was very good at balancing letting me get out there and try, and stepping in when needed. Basically he trained, he didnt leave it all to me with no direction, and he didnt do it all leaving me with no seat time. I had a good time during my training. I dont want to put his name on here but hes from myrtle beach, S.C. I would recomend him to anyone. I am not sure why orientation is held after your training, but as far as the 8 weeks go, if youve never been in a truck before, its well worth it. Theres alot to learn to be safe, and efficient out on the road. Better to be out there awhile and be well trained, than hardly outthere and poorly trained.

4. jfr

jfr Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Great Lakes State of Mind
    Hi longbedGTs,

I am a newb having just started school on Monday. Crete was recommended. I have submitted my application. How was the recruitment process? How was training/orientation? Are they still looking at future hires in the 4-5 week time frame?

5. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas

Hello there. The recruitment process was fairly painless for me. There was one past job that has went out of business and of course couldnt be verified, so I had to request a detailed earnings sheet to prove to Crete I worked there. It was no problem and I was actually hired with Crete even though my work history wasnt fully verified.
    Training was 8 weeks and there was alot to be learned throughout that time, but I was fortunate to have a very good trainer, so once I was out on my own, I didnt have too much struggle.
    Orientation is held after training and is just a repeat of what you learn in training.
    Im not sure what you mean by your last question. Crete has some hiring freezes going on right now due to the economy being in the toilet. Best bet is to call recruiting and ask.
    Good luck!

jfr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.