CRST? Any information regarding them would be awesome.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BugAbusek, Aug 28, 2015.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Big Joe, he said "Recruiter". Odds are he has already been given the CRST Sunshine Injection in the Arse. So even if you found him a better job, with better pay, where he didn't have to run a truck with another man, and smell another man's nuts, and take part of the Dumb and Dumber program, he would turn it down. It's tough to compete with a Sunshine Injection.

And everyone knows that Elvis runs a bait and tackle shop in Kentucky.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Nope sadly but in the process of working with the VA to instate honorable. I got a general due to my aircraft was decommissioned and i would have to have re-qual on an the other aircraft we have for the specific mission set we had done. Due to re-qual it wouldnt have taken up to 16 months for the transition + 6 months qualification training then another 1-4 months of upgrade training and by then my contract would have been up so i had the option but command structure felt as if it was more beneficial and faster to get upgraded if i separated and reenlisted as then i'd be more competitive for my career field.

4. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    LMFAO TripleSix. Nah it's not the case entirely but i will be giving several companies a call tomorrow and research them. Granted i want to get in a truck as fast as possible it is always nice to get the better company.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you received and RE-4 code on your DD-214 there's a slim to none chance of letting you re-enlist.
    When I was in, an enlisted man could qualify for aircrew if he had a pulse. What the book had and reality were two different things. A barber on the ship kept getting in trouble for not giving regulation haircuts, so the CO made him watch a couple of training films on helicopter door gunners and that was the extent of his training. They left the ship to try and rescue a downed pilot and the helo was shot down and the barber/door gunner received the "million dollar wound" and was medivac'd to Long Beach Naval Hospital in California and eventually discharged. Times have changed haven't they? It's a bunch of BS anyway and the older you get the more you will realize it. I even received the Huey crew chief wings, so how strict could they have been? My buddy worked in supply and they did him the same way; he also got the "million dollar wound" and a trip to Naval Hospital Long Beach with a few toes missing. Geeeze, what a life sometimes!

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Mr Abuse, Joseph was trying to help you. He says you can do better. I agree. CRST is down at the bottom of the barrel with Swift, Weiner(werner), USA Truck and England. If you want to be a bottom feeder, you may as well stay at Swift. If you want to advance, list your location in your profile and ask members for a better company.

But I'm curious...if you did a stint with Swift, why do you need a trainer? If they assigned you a truck and you ran a load solo without wrecking, you shouldnt need to ride around with another trainer.

7. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Oh nooo my intentions aren't bad and im very glad for all of the comments posted on the thread. I am located in California currently. I never did a stint with Swift, they we're just one of the first companies i applied for and they responded very quickly so i kind of got excited. I've read so many different opinions on trucking customers and thats completely understandable as you always have that one ### hat at work. I want to go for the best but majority of peoples reccomendations i just do not qualify for. It's generally due to my location or the carrier not hiring currently. I'm going to be checking out all of these companies and do my research better, though every job is what you make of it and i love to work, it's addicting making money instead of pandering my time away =/.

8. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    I'm not sure what my separation code is but i have been working with the VA to either instate an honorable or give me my montgomery GI bill due to i paid the 1100~ to get it, VA rep is very confident due to the nature of the discharge as i did nothing wrong but my CO/1S don't believe in letting any airmen be casuals for over a year. Miss the military but i need to get myself rolling with a career i can see myself doing for many years and the air force enlisted side does not make enough, i barely reached 1200$ a month.

9. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    I think we need a sticky with a sub forum that states CRST . I am blown away by how many same questions get asked hourly..

G.Anthony and Dreamboat Thank this.
  10. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    With all the "Bottom Feeder, Inc." companies, the rule is not "which one is better." The rule is "which one is worse"! If you get your CDL through any of them, if you don't stay long enough, they will try to charge it back. You may be better off getting your CDL through your local community college, and going to work for a smaller company. One exception. If you are in L.A., and you can get hired to do intermodal only, then JB Hunt and Schnieder are good intermodal carriers, and will treat you better than the rest of the bottom feeders.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The problem in California is community colleges don't have CDL programs. For intermodal the new rule going into effect soon is the unions are demanding truckers have an appointment to pick up or deliver containers and don't be late or your appointment is cancelled.
    The only intermodal company I would work for is Triple Crown Services; they don't do California.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.