CRST? Any information regarding them would be awesome.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BugAbusek, Aug 28, 2015.

1. fastlanedanny

fastlanedanny Light Load Member

May 21, 2013
    East Coast
    You would be crazy not to check out PRIME or find that recruiter at SWIFT. Crst is pretty bad from what I've been told. They run team trucks and they pressure you to stay out at least 3 weeks. Imo with you living in California. SWIFT is worth running through a couple of hoops for since they pretty much run the west coast as far as accounts. PRIME is mainly otr and just like crst it can be hard to get dedicated runs with good home time compared to SWIFT.

CasanovaCruiser Thanks this.
  2. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    25 cpm...wow.
    I started at 38 with Swift haha

3. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    How long have you been with Swift? I have orientation in Gary next month. How many miles/wk are you averaging? Thanks

4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Coming up on a month now. I'm brand new
    Gary is actually my home terminal. I'm teaming right now but my mentor and I got just over 7,000 miles. He bought me a steak dinner and said he'd never seen a student want to run that hard lol
    I'm in flatbed here though.
    I hear that flatbeds get more miles at Swift and the division is tiny compared to their van fleet, my DM has time to talk to us about family life and personal issues that she'll remember and follow up with. That blows my mind as most people can't even remember your name. If you work hard you can always keep the wheels turning. Hitting 2,500 seems very doable, anything above that is you doing a good job managing hours and load/unload appointment times, but the miles are always there if you can play your hours right.

pattyj Thanks this.
  5. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I was in the Military. If you got a general discharge it means you screwed up pretty bad.

As far as starter companies it seems Conway is good for beginners.

CRST,Swift,CrE, are just sweatshops on wheels.

A newbie lady here named Dreamboat went with Conway and it seems to be working out well for her.

Wcampbell86 Thanks this.
  6. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    How is a general bad? only ever got one LOR and that was because my ####### had fireworks in my car haha, young and stupid forget about the "don't bring explosives on base", though i did know a kid who got discharged with a ####ing general while smoking weed and selling ecstasy to people. I was actually given a choice by the 1S/CO to get out, i jumped on that bandwagon ASAP and took a general as i was still in my upgrade training and fell under AETC. I've given conway a call sadly they aren't accepting my application due to my location which sucks. I've called celadon/southern refrigerated/henderson and KLLM, they all are located out of state which sucks.

7. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Ahhhh the LOR-Letter of Reprimand.

Not trying to dog you but one single lor wouldn't get you a general in most cases. Though I've been out a while, perhaps they've gotten stricter. I got a couple loc's- letters of counseling and was told one more would be an automatic lor. My crime was hanging out with the heavy drinking crowd, it was guilt by association. But I kept my nose clean mostly and got out with an honorable.

A lot of people here speak well of Schneider,especially the lease your own truck-pick your own freight aspect of it.

I believe they hire pretty well anywhere.

If your driving record is clean that improves your chances.

8. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Clean driving record and i still hold my security clearance for another 4 years. I think it'd be awesome to do some contractor work for the military. 1 lor isn't anything at all, i've known a few dirtbags who had like 8 LOR's and they never even got an article 15. I had a choice to stay in or get out, it's just if i stayed in i'd be a casual for the rest of my contract, and with my career field i was in i wasn't planning on reenlisting. So i chose the option to get out, look for a new career choice and trucking has been something i have been keen on for several years.

9. fastlanedanny

fastlanedanny Light Load Member

May 21, 2013
    East Coast
    I thought swift gave you the run around for a speeding ticket that you didn't pay?

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  10. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    wow, that IS a lot of hard miles you got there. my car now has 80,000 miles and it is 5.5 years old now.

guess i gotta catch up to all your hard driving.

then again, i have just slightly over 2 million miles driving a truck.

guess you got a lot of catching up to do.

Wcampbell86 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.