CRST Expedited Job Offer

Discussion in 'CRST' started by jimo, Oct 17, 2013.

1. jimo

jimo Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    middle Georgia
    I have seen an ad by CRST Expedited that offers a 20/10 plan (OTR 20, home 10) for team drivers; it also mentions a $10,000 sign-on bonus which they claim is absolutely payable over 12 months.
    Since things are seldom quite what they may seem, or quite as simple as they might seem, is there anyone who has some insight regarding this general job offer?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Why don't you post a link so the Experts can evaluate the advertised offer? Highly doubtful tho considering it is CRST.

jimo Thanks this.
  4. jimo

jimo Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    middle Georgia
    Great idea! I'll see if I can isolate the link - I saw this ad in a weekly (Simply Hired Alerts) for "CDL jobs".
    I wonder if the title "CDL Jobs" is an indication of what they don't know.:biggrin_25519:

5. jimo

jimo Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    middle Georgia
  6. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    I spoke to CRST about this 20/10 deal. It is not something that you can get into straight away. It requires a 3 man team, they trade out so each guy gets the 10, but it requires some logistical wizardry on CRSTs part to fit a 3-man team together.

jimo Thanks this.
  7. jimo

jimo Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    middle Georgia
    Ok, let them wizardry Angelina Jolie and Heidi Klum - I'll team up for a few years.
    What about the ten grand? Is that split among the girls and me?
    Any other details you were able to find out?
    I know the name from my earlier steel days, but is this an honest company?
    Thanks for the info.

8. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    I think that bonus is for seasoned drivers. As far as honest... my Dad drove OTR for over 30 years, and lives in Iowa. CRST has been around for a very long time, so it would seem to me that they are a credible company. You dont stay in business if your a crap company, IMHO.

jimo Thanks this.
  9. jimo

jimo Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    middle Georgia
    I hear what you are saying about longevity; however, the Devil has been around a while, also. I knew them as flatbed steel haulers and now they are CRST - I guess that could be viewed in a positive way.
    If you are correct about the bonus being for seasoned drivers, then I would view the ad as somewhat deceptive, since there didn't appear to be such a condition. Of course, I understand that you said you "think" it is for seasoned drivers, so I'll keep an open mind. Let's watch and see if anyone seasoned replies with their thoughts.

Thanks.

10. MendoKid

MendoKid Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Orangevale, CA
    Cedar Rapids Steele Transport..

I just looked at your link to the ad and the following was in three places in BIG letters..
    Experienced Truck Driver (Transportation / Logistics) - $10,000 Sign-on Bonus!​

11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    It wouldn't hurt anything for them to change their ad some. They keep talking about all new trucks but have pictures of an early 2000's 9200i International. Things like that that are so easy to keep current bug me.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.