Crst malone, the inside story

Discussion in 'CRST' started by vacountryboy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    That was not specified. But if you're talking rates,then yea. You're right. (linehaul rates=:biggrin_25510:)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brianstlfd

brianstlfd Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2011
    St Louis Missouri
    What are the typical miles on their L/P trucks?

4. brianstlfd

brianstlfd Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2011
    St Louis Missouri
    When I talked to a recruiter at CRST Malone I was told they could not give me a copy of the lease agreement to look over? Is there anyone who can give the particulars in it or a copy of it?

5. Yachtman33

Yachtman33 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Thanks for the info coming on board

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Everywhere
    Appreciate all the info here

7. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I know it's an old thread, but It might be for me. Good info and lots of positive things about Malone.

8. ChipW

ChipW Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Chester, SC
    I know I'm heading over. I have a friend working there, so I was able to get some insight about different agents and how to deal with them, use of his load board login (not very impressed with that), and how things tend to work. What impressed me was that when he was down for 5 days for repairs, they deferred his payment rather than putting him a week in the hole. He says that it's only because he was down for so long. They won't do it just because someone decided to take a week off. As they shouldn't.

The other thing that impresses me is that when he does actually take a week off and misses his payment, he's caught up within a week and still has cigarette and food money in his pocket.

Now, what I don't understand is why some people on here bash a lease. I mean, sure, there are some bad eggs out there, but when you do your homework, you figure out who they are. It's like the guy talking about how he would prefer a 1350.00 per month payment over 950 per week. Except, it's not 950.00 per week. My friend pays 300.00 per week on a 2009 truck which equals only 1200.00 per month. That person failed to mention that after his 1350.00 per week, he also has plates, insurance, permits, etc., per week. So now, his monthly expenses total more than the Malone monthly expenses.

Buying through a bank only gives you a couple of things more than lease purchases. You have a better selection of trucks to choose from and you get to move from company to company while paying for your truck. But default on that loan and your credit is hurt. With a Malone lease, we can walk away if we find that it isn't our bag of bones without hurting our credit.

For me, leasing is going to be my "make it or break it" time. If I make it, I come out the other end a heck of a lot smarter with a truck I can either take some where else or use as a trade in on a newer, better truck. If I don't make it, I turn the truck back in, tuck my tail between my legs, and go back to a company truck to lick my wounds without me owing a bank a ton of money and a repo on my credit report. I'm sorry, but I choose to fail with some dignity left rather than fail in financial ruins. That is, if I fail :)

So, thank you to the guy that started this thread. One more reason to think I'm making the right decision.

9. mamabrumble59

mamabrumble59 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2013
    my son in law has been w crt a year o/o and 1week into agreement his trk had major breakdown his expenses are finominal.he is always 1000n in hole and trying to track down pay and why it is not paying what was quated always cheaper rates. He is nearly bkrpt , rarely able to get by but he has a dream of his own truck. He works so hard but always told this pay day you will be out oif hole and again no pay check. Marrieds to my daughter w four children. They can not go on like this. Can he back out of lease agreement and get a lease with malone?

10. Thai

Thai Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2013
    ChipW keep us posted about how you are doing

11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    crst expedited is a walk away lease as far as I know. Although he may have unpaid debt when he leaves.
    MI have been in that boat. Unless you train/team you MAY go broke

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.