Crst or cr england??!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cyn1123, Nov 1, 2012.

1. GOSTRIDER13

GOSTRIDER13 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2012
    City with no pity
    Just to let you know CRST dose a lot of training @ the CR England Salt Lake City yard...So who knows maybe they are hooked up together?? I know I had my CDL back in 07 and I let it go when I started driving a taxi cab..So I had to go some where to get my CDL back.

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brownsfan16

Brownsfan16 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    What I have come to find through my research is most "starter" companies are basically the same. They just drive different trucks and are painted differently. Of all the ones I have researched I would suggest Swift, Schneider, Roehl, and US Express. Now of course you can probably read bad stories on each of those companies but those were the ones that I got the feeling are a small step above some of the other starter companies.

I do know that if you want great initial training go with Schneider.

Marky84 Thanks this.
  4. cyn1123

cyn1123 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Cartersville, GA
    Brownsfan16,
    you are correct. i have done research, i did put out 2 more applications today to swift and central. every giant company has there "horror" stories, everyone has a different view on a company, your experience is what you make it, thats the attitude im having with all this. ill look at schneider, thanks :)

5. Brownsfan16

Brownsfan16 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Your welcome good luck in your search!

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  6. MojoPotatoe

MojoPotatoe Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Fremont,Indiana
    You should check out Millis Transfer. If you live in Cartersville I am sure you have seen the trucks as there is a terminal and school there. I would say definitely worth your time.

7. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    cyn1123 if you can get with Central I would highly recommend you give them a try. They are one of the only companies that has a school that isn't a mega-carrier. Central is still a smaller company and will treat you like a human being! They have excellent equipment and I know for sure that they have female trainers. Like I said before, they also have a terminal right there in GA! You will probably end up liking it so much you won't want to leave! :biggrin_25525:

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  8. slowlane

slowlane Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Crystal River, Florida
    1,800 tractors and 2,700 trailers. Where does the "Mega" designation begin?

9. cyn1123

Oct 31, 2012
    Cartersville, GA
    MojoPotatoe,
    Millis was first one i applied for, they turned me down, said they are not looking for any female drivers at the moment, i don't know if i should take that as a sexist thing or that they do not have any female trainers available right now lol

10. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Central is a larger company but is not a mega-carrier. They are still privately owned. I would consider them a step or two below a mega-carrier. They are large enough to keep you busy yet small to still treat you like a human being!

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  11. cyn1123

Oct 31, 2012
    Cartersville, GA
    chompi,
    that sounds good, i look forward to speaking with them tomorrow. they sound good, id rather be treated like a human being not just a number like at swift and im sure cr england you are just a number too, im guessing since its a large company. plus it might be easier for me to get home time from central since they are not far away, with cr england thats what i am worried about the most is getting home, recruiter said i could take my truck home, just gotta work 3-4 straight weeks and then i get 3-4 days home time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.