Crst or cr england??!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cyn1123, Nov 1, 2012.

1. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Central runs a lot of freight in and out of Atlanta.

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cyn1123

cyn1123 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Cartersville, GA
    very good to know, i havent mapquested how far conyers is from cartersville but i dont think it is too far. be nice to come home a lil more, even if it is just for my 10 hr. my husband is always doing that and i love it, its like he goes out for a couple days and then is home for 10 hr or most of the day. unless he goes out to oklahoma.

4. Keyster

Keyster Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    When they say they're not looking for female drivers right now, what they mean is that they currently meet the EEOC quota guidelines for male to female driver ratio, as in proportionately representing the industry average. Carriers who ARE looking for female drivers are under pressure from the EEOC to meet quota.

You're problem is the lack of females willing to train in the industry, which might delay you for months.
    Male trainers are hard enough to come by, but females being maybe 5% of the trucker force makes female trainers rare.

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Central Refrigerated has a very good reputation overall.

cyn1123 Thanks this.
  6. wheels4reelz

wheels4reelz Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hello fellow Hoosier, I noticed that we're "homeboys" and thought I'd hit you up for some advice. I'm from fort wayne and I've fished Clear lake several times through the years and I'm pushing 50 yrs young. Having these things in common I thought I'd ask you of your opinions of Millis. I've been researching the hell out of trucking, cdl-a test criteria, and schools and I think millis may be in my top 3. Have you started their course yet? If not when (if) do you start? Was wondering how long it takes from application time to classroom. I have more questions but will wait for a response. Happy trails

7. beermooch67

beermooch67 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Garfield Heights,Ohio
    Stevens,Swift,USA-Truck,Pam Transport(usa and pam use Driver Solutions school),Millis,Prime,FFE,Central Refer,Roehl,Knight check into these they are better than those to and CRST is better than CR England alot of bad about them just look at some of the posts on here about them.

8. 100445

100445 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Dont crst is horrible the student program is crap.Stick you in a room for pre-trip thats the class time and straight on the road if you dont get it in a week your out.

9. TRUTH2018

TRUTH2018 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2018
    CRST is now a 10 month contract, and they are not honest! Do NOT COME WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AT ALL! WHATEVER YOU DO PLEASE DON'T DO IT! I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOU FROM STRESS AND UNORGANIZATION, LOOK INTO ANOTHER COMPANY PLEASE. I WISH YOU THE BEST!

Marky84 Thanks this.
  10. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    avoid both. CR England is the plague. i was there and they couldnt train for #$%&. they didnt teach me to downshift and then expected me to take turns and then kept getting mad when i kept hitting the curb.

CRST is a contract and u have to team with them.

go litterally almost anywhere else, theres a ton of better choices out there

11. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    swift actually did a decent job of training me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.