CRST Paid!! Can't get Cert. of Completion of CDL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by edmundg9000, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Zoemindfunk

Zoemindfunk Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Hi, I completed the CRST truck driving school. ASD is the school partied with CRST - I completed 4 weeks training, 4 days orientation, I passed my written exam at DMV for my CDL class A , I passed my driving exam today at DMV - I pick up my temporary Class A drivers lic tomorrow at DMV ( my hard copy is in the mail) my GI Bill paid CRST in full for my truck driving school and lodging.( all in advance before I started school through CRST) I have not signed a contract with CRST- ( I am not obligated because I do not owe the school any money ) I requested my certificate of completion from ASD and they told me NO - They reffering me back to CRST- my recruiter is trying to get me to sign a 28 day paid driving program and ASD said I cannot receive my certification of completion until I complete my 28 day paid training program from CRST. This Paid training program is not required and is not a part of the school. Why are they giving me the run around? How do I get Proof that I attended school? I need my certification of completion to be able to get a job elsewhere. For example JB Hunt wants my DD 214 my class CDL Class A drivers license and my certification of completion from CRST proving that I went to truck driving school and completed the program. The certification of completion is nontransferable, I have to pick it up while I am at the school- they need to hand it to me to prove I completed the four week program and I passed and I received my CDL A-

Who do I contact to get my certification of completion? I do not want to sign a contract - I just want my lic., certificate and go home and do my paid training program with a major truck driving company that can guarantee loads I want to do lock and load or drop lock and load where you just drop off a load pick up a load and drive it back. I want to get paid by the mileage and I want to work for a company that can guarantee that I get at least 2500 miles a week or 3000 miles a week by California DOT regulations. CRST offered me .46 cents per mile - only guaranteeing 500 to 750 miles a day but this is only during the 28 day paid driving program and the recruiter is trying to get me to sign a contract after I do my 28 days, CRST wants me to sign a year contract making 10.50 an hour - the VA department of labor will pay this 10.50 am hr and supposedly I am guaranteed 40 hours a week at 10:50 an hour on top that CRST is going to pay me $.46 a mile for the first year. CRST has not said that they guarantee loads- it sounds fishy it also sounds like I would have to find my loads and if I am stuck without any loads I only make 1050 an hour and that's through a different third-party which would be the VA department of labor . It seems like a lot of running around - paperwork BS-

JB hunt told me to find a location, type of driving job I want and for the first 4 weeks they train me at 15.50 a hr and after that I go straight into the job I applied for .

I am new and don't want to get screwed - it sounds to me that CRST is trying to get me to sign a contract for 28 day paid driving program and they said they will not release my certification of completion until after I complete the 28 days but the school also said it's up - to my lead driver on how I do in the first two weeks. Hypothetically if they do not like my driving in the first two weeks of the 28 days paid driving program can they hold my certification of completion ? JB Hunt said without my certification of completion there is no proof that I attended truck driving school now I am concerned after spending $5000 from my G.I. Bill that I will not have a certification of completion I need this server certificate.
    Please help ! How do I get my certification of completion - proving that I want to truck driving school I'm not sure if you are aware but truck driving school is considered experience - you can also take pay training through any truck driving company are you need is three months experience to get a good high-paying jobs you can apply for either expedited or dedicated - which one is better and pays more ?

Sorry to reiterate but I am just blown away that I am the only person in class that did not have to sign a contract and I do not owe the school any money so why are they pressuring me to sign a contract and why won't they give me my certification of completion I have completed all requirements - by DOT regulations and buy my G.I. Bill school and by CRST an ASD regulations I have completed the program and I'm not obligated to anything else back to the point how do I get my certification of completion from this company what will it take ? Do I just tell CRST that I am not interested in working for the company I am not interested in their 28 day paid training program and I am not interested in a apprenticeship program that I just want my certification of completion and my drivers license and I want to go home. Reading about all these lawsuits is it legal for them to hold onto my certification of completion without me being in a contract ? Please help ! Anyone here w military experience?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do the 28 days and move on. Tell CRST you want a dedicated lane, not an expedite or refrigerated lane. Either way, it's only 28 days; the full month of February.
    I agree, it doesn't seem right, but doubt CRST or the school will risk a lawsuit over it if they're doing something illegal.
    Talk to the VA about this, since they're paying the bills anyway. The 28 days will be long gone before it's resolved anyway.
    Others will, no doubt, have different opinions than I do, but that's what I would do if I were in the same situation.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    What does your school contract say?

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Central Voc Tech, Drumwright Ok -.. Drove KW T600 with 48' trls & 20k of cement in the box all over Oklahoma. They even picked me up at the airport on my flight from Seattle. Fun times. I saved up for my school. Got my CDL through Viking Frt Systems, but no recent OTR so had to go to a PTDI school.

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    you have your license thats what matters, you can go to swift england knight or many others do not sign anything,

6. vinsanity0

vinsanity0 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    All 3 of thoae will require a certificate of completion. These are people with zero experience. They need to go through training.

What I don't get is why anyone would go through a trucking company school id they have no intention of working for that company. Bad idea.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    No they will put him out with a driver trainer, The license is the most important, If hit up local companies like cement, rock n sand they wont care like the driver mills.

8. vinsanity0

Jun 26, 2016
    Local companies or even small otr companies, yeah. But any mega company, driver mill, or bottom feeder will require that certificate, including Swift, England, and Knight.

9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Do you actually need the certificate? Its your CDL licence that counts however if you really must have it, seeing you paid with AMEX you can also file a complain with them and they will get you to fill out a form and the fee that was charged will be questioned CRST will have the opportunity to reply if not Amex will refund you all your money.

10. vinsanity0

Jun 26, 2016
    Yes, you actually need the certificate. They want to know you completed an accredited trucking school. Different companies have different requirements. Keep in mind this is only for people fresh out of school with no experience. Once you get 6 months to a year you won't nees that certificate.

Of course some smaller companies don't care. I remember a thread here where a guy fresh out of school was tossed a set of keys and sent on his way with no training or even a road test...lol. Scary.

But a mega company wants proof. It costs them around 5 grand to hire and train a newbie.

Emgee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.