CRST: Taking a refresher, then hitting the road

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Beans, Sep 15, 2009.

1. DDiesel

DDiesel Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Fresno
    so that's how they drive 48 hours str8 no breaks no sleep

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    Hah no idotic codrivers and diesel u can drive 11 hours a day legally.

4. MADMAX683

MADMAX683 Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Vero Beach, FL
    I think he was trying to say that if they were snorting crack, they could drive 48 hours straight.

5. ccolvin

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    Yea true thts how some do it

6. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Just finished my 28 day with trainer had a blast,Had a good company driver/trainer had fridge, tv microwave got a good Dispatcher she keep us moving as much as possible pre planed us a lot but some loads got canceled and as i quickly learned weekend and night shift dispatcher blows but regular dispatcher makes up for it. all sat up with co driver just need to finsh 3 day of orintation next tuesday, wensday thursday and have already been told by dispatch she will have a load waiting for us on friday morning

7. ccolvin

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    thats good to hear, yea as soon as we got out truck fixed once they assigned it our dispatcher had us a load within the next 2 hours. Dont get my wrong i enjoyed my exp with crst, i even made a good friend from the exp.

8. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If you have never driven a truck before CRST is a really good company to go with in my opinion. Starting off as a team driver gives you the advantage of extra eyes and ears in the truck and when backing into tight spots. In 28 days of training i did 17 backing's per my log book, could i go out and run solo now sure might take me a little longer backing than most usally 1-3 trys sometime i nail it on the first shot but a few times i screwed my setup up so bad it took 7-8 trys :biggrin_2554: but again i had a good trainer we sat in san antonio tx for 2 days (over the weekend) after are load got canned. My trainer had me spend about 2 hours each day practise backing from different setups differ angle's and that helped alot. after that i pretty much hit everything in 1-3 shots depending. My co-driver was trained by the same trainer so were on the same page for signals and comanneds.

Will I stay with CRST for ever NO I'll do my 8 month contract then start shopping for a new company after i get my 1 year exp I will look to go solo. Or if a deticated run comes open here a CRST I'll go for it.

9. ccolvin

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    as far as a dedicated with crst i wouldnt expect it, but going with another company would be good, werner is looking for teams and solos, mainly teams, but im enjoying them so far. BUt yea start with crst finish the contract, and then go somewhere like werner or another company

10. kazz87

kazz87 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2009
    i goin to orientation on the 28 of the dec who else going to Cedar Rapids!!!!

11. Unidos

Unidos Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Port Orange, FL
    Lol define winter work clothing.

Last time i was in winter was maybe 8 years ago and i sure didnt work in it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.