CRST Van Expedited, Inc. - Cedar Rapids, Ia.?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Dan, Sep 17, 2005.

1. trucker2010?

trucker2010? Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2009
    edison, NJ
    I'm considering CRST as a school graduate from NJ. USXpress and Covenant are other choices. Have to do the refresher thing though & I need it since it's been awhile since I graduated. Interesting posts and seems to be typical of so many trucking companies. My friend (Werner & now Schneider) has filled me in on many trucker things (good & BAD). I like the team driving for a newbie so that each can learn from other.

I will start refresher training in IA in January. Planning on driving out there vs. a bus ride. Anyone from NJ/PA area doing the same? Will be looking for a team driver as that seems to be the most important so as not to go crazy with a wacko!! Came from corporate America after 36 years & retired Air National Guard so I can put up with all kinds of crazies but driving as a team with a wacko would not be good. Great info on driving with a female also!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pittbuell

pittbuell Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2009
    central florida
    :biggrin_2554: did my 28 days of training was gonna stay out 1 week longer before taking off for xmas got a phone call said they had to let me go because i got a ticket in la joya texas 40 in a 30 and to top it off the officer that wrote the ticket is also the judge crst said i was unsafe and terminated me whats funny me and my trainer were in fontana and there where 2 drivers in there that had rear end collisons and they got a ddc there safe drivers with rear collisons but god forbid you go 10 miles over the speed limit and i havent even pled guilty to the ticket yet so im going to swift in january and crst can kiss my ##### good luck to ya :biggrin_25510:

4. JabberJaws

JabberJaws Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nashville Tennesse
    CRST is a screw you company. I workede for them for 6 months and they lied about everything.

5. oldmanlynn

oldmanlynn Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2010
    do yourself a favor and find yourself another company i have been with crst (cedar rapids slave traders) since last summer. I have yet to be treated with any respect and when it becomes evident they can get a trainee to do the job you are doing and do it cheaper you can expect:
    no miles
    never home when you are supposed to be
    no pay or reduced pay
    just try to go with another company to get the experince that is required in this industy then take your wife along as a rider or codriver as you wish

Baack Thanks this.
  6. azroadrunner

azroadrunner Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2009

GOOD LUCK!

7. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Just got done with my 28 days and like them well enough.

8. bullthebeerman

bullthebeerman Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    brooklyn,ny
    lol, truth be told I give you 4 months tops. ill follow you and your post on here, your laughing now but 3 months from now, it will be a different story.
    I guess your 28 days were fun cause you didn't have bills at home to pay.

9. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    :biggrin_25523:
    :biggrin_25523:
    LOL so true the month of Jan are truck got 15k in mile but have done 10500 in the last two weeks it's hit or miss and wait to play the home time game

10. jmlloar

jmlloar Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Keyser, WV
    Looking at doing the CRST van expedited solo lease purchase. Anyone out there having luck with it? cant afford alot of low paychecks. What kind of miles? Condition of the lease trucks?

11. jmlloar

jmlloar Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Keyser, WV
    Can anyone give some info???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.