crst/van expedited?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by oneblueknight4ever, Jul 7, 2006.

1. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Ever wonder if different states run better fleets

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blondieo/o

blondieo/o Bobtail Member

May 3, 2007
    :biggrin_25513:
    if i were you i would not do it iam an o/o with crst and they make me sit between 3-5 days a week they are making me loose everything i own

4. blondieo/o

blondieo/o Bobtail Member

May 3, 2007
    Iam An O/o With Crst Starting In Nov. 2006 The First Two Months Were Fine. My Dispatcher Quit And They Gave Me Another One After That I Usually Sit For 3-5 Days Out Of A Week Iam Even A Trainer And Still Sit That Long. Iam Not One For Sitting And Really Dont Like To Sit I Want To Run. They Are Making Me Loose Everything I Have Real Good Company Ha

5. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Whats the difference between CRST Van, and CRST Van Premier ? Do either use E-Z Pass? Or are you banned from toll roads and made to run on "TURKEY TRAILS" ?

6. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    i wouldnt rec this because ill tell you what will happen, if you dont live around them they will bus you to a truckdriving school to do a week refresher course and then on the bus to there term to do the week oren, and them 4 weeks with a lead driver and then 3-4 months under contact at .24 cpm then a raise to .33 cpm with a co-driver..
    i would rec you going to sni, there a great company that will wk refresh you and send you out with a training enginer for up to 4 weeks( so him you can drive and it will be less) then start you out solo in a well manintenced used truck(will be a 06 or greater if you have 1yr plus exp.)
    and they will start you out at exp. pay.. like mine was .33 cpm, for 1 yr exp. then run with them for 9-12 months and get on with a good company Best of luck to you and may the road be wide open:biggrin_25525:

7. hkbravo34

hkbravo34 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2007
    clarksville, tn
    and no CRST Van doesnt run ezpass or pre pass, and will half the toll cost with you and your co-drver if he runs a ezpass lane.
    but you can get prepass in your own truck if you pay 12.5 a month so i heard from another CRST driver..but you gotta call the prepass ppl and set it up.

CRST prem, im not sure, but i highly doubt it since there mostly central running

8. Sparky1982

Sparky1982 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Jackson, MI
    CRST Premier is solo. And about o/o's not making any money, if you are solo, you will not make money with CRST VAN EX! It is a team operation and they want o/o's to train or run teams, if not, you will get ####, because CRST, does not really book solo runs. We are about to leave now from NJ to San Berdino, CA, about 2700 miles. Some runs are only like 800, but most are between 1000-2000 miles. If you cannot make money with CRST, its just laziness. To many people like the truck stops, but then complain about the company, and it happens with every company. I am out here to make money, and truck stops and just a place to fuel, shower, ####, piss, and sometimes eat. Gotta go stop a swift driver from hitting the mirror!

9. seanjohn34

seanjohn34 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Goldsboro, NC
    I'm currently leased to CRST, on the whole on the I/C side they are not a bad company, great paying loads, fuel surcharge stays with national average. I also trained company driver for them, and I saw a patteren of where new drivers under contract with them got screwed, on pay hometime, and forced to team with people they didn't get along with. You said have previous experience, I would find a company thah would let me go out with a trainer if I had to, but without singing a contract. Or just pay for a refresher course.

10. seanjohn34

seanjohn34 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Goldsboro, NC
    Everyone is stuck on pre-pass and easypass, a lot of company don't use them. As a matter of fact I never drove for a company that did, and if that is what you judge a company by you will keep getting burned. Personally, I look for respect for the drivers, pay, actually getting home when I want, and miles. I'm a CRST solo driver and I avg 3200 mile per week, but then again as I said before I'm an I/C and CRST is one of the few companies that lets you broker your load if they have none in your area, as they don't layover.

11. eagleone

eagleone Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2007
    iowa city,ia
    i got a friend that works for them and he runns deciated and say they treat him pretty good. hes just started with them this past spring

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.