Crude oil hauling and buying a truck with no down

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Rob2isking, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Rob2isking

Rob2isking Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2015
    I am looking to get my own truck. Was going to lease one with Gibson. Supposed to get on in November. But they didn't get the work they thought. And I know how that game goes. Usually every month or so new contracts are bn bid on so they can lose or gain work any day. I am not making ends meet hauling produced water in the oil patch. Found a good contract to haul for. It I need my own truck with wet kit. Where is the best place to shop? Also the only threads on here about bridger llc are few years old. Are they still the same piece of #### they have been since then or has anything changed? Is it a better company yet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Byx

Byx Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    You will lose your ### if you buy a truck to haul crude right now, just imo

rabbiporkchop and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  4. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Get at @Chinatown and post your location he's the trucking guru here, he will point you to the right direction.

5. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Agree with BYX thats actually insane to consider at the moment. Oil industry is unstable now and Awash with cheap OPEC oil. Hard to do biz here in USA now

Tcoop34, Byx and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  6. Rob2isking

Apr 30, 2015
    As it stands I'm just looking to find where I can get a truck with little to no money down. I appreciate the concern and all but I know what I'm doing when it comes to the oil field. Thank u all for concerns and replies. I just need a truck with a wet kit. I can get several trailers and contracts. Just need a truck

7. Rob2isking

Apr 30, 2015
    My credit is ####

8. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Plenty of places with bad credit man. You pretty confident that all that will still be possible in 6 months to 2 years? I think we have chance to get things going again in oil but Trumps gotta loosten up regs with the EPA first. I have worked on North Slope here in Alaska 3 winters and also know oil. Right now its Dead here brother.

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ice Road Trucking, this time of year eehhh?

10. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Nope the Slopes dead last few years so hauling heating fuel local and drop gas at local stations. Pays good but doesnt calm the OTR bug. Was going to go drive lower 48 this fall again but wife and 3 kids wouldnt let me haha

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  11. Hermit825

Hermit825 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Fairbanks,AK
    Sounds like your near Fairbanks....it's only -13F LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.