Crude oil is $86 today.... beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by kogaFX, Oct 9, 2014.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I'd love to watch a Mexican hockey game.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    Interesting and hopeful article. The big players can withstand low prices for a while, but the small companies will have their butts handed to them. The only reason I'm still sleeping at night is because I work for one of the larger service companies on the production side (not drilling/completions) AND the account I'm on is a steady daily gig with one of the largest oil companies in the Permian. I really need another 6-12 months out here. My fingers are crossed.

4. MP3 > CB

MP3 > CB Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sawyer, MI
    The article tells us production will continue due to sunk costs. About further development is says:
    I still say these industry experts didn't roll out of bed one day and say, 'golly, supply is all of a sudden way ahead of demand. We never saw it coming!?'

Nope, something else:

5. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Im not a gambling man but I do like to turn a stock every now and then. I think its pretty much a no brainer that an oil ETF like this one is a good investment right now. No doubt the price will go back up. Is it ready for a reversal yet now, who knows but I would venture a guess its close.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USO+Interactive#{%22range%22%3A%22ytd%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22}

6. MP3 > CB

Oct 13, 2011
    Sawyer, MI
    Interesting. If I hadn't bet the farm on silver...

"predatory pricing", how I would lllloooovvvveeeee to be wrong. Break the back of the Russian bear and watch it go up, again. It's terrible, really.

7. Ben Gunn

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    So I'm confused ...... Does Bush control oil prices, or Obama ? And what's the connection to the second shooter on the grassy knoll? Is Jim Morrison really dead?

sexystuff911 Thanks this.
  8. MP3 > CB

Oct 13, 2011
    Sawyer, MI
    I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Nobody wants to read that. Pick one, Republicans or Democrats, you choose. Certainly they'll save the day.

misc Thanks this.
  9. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

a friend of ours has a brother who works for the government but his position has something to do with the oilfield. (no this isnt a story lol i just wasnt paying close attn )

we live in the oilfield , his brother told him that the oilfield is shutting down . he told himif he knows of anyone in oilfield related work to watch their pennies....

the permits that are in place right now are ok, but they will not be issuing anymore new permits to drill. (hubby heard that on the radio this am )...so y'all can believe what ya wanna...but the ride is coming to an end for now anyway

Chibob Thanks this.
  10. Ben Gunn

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    It's not that they stopped issuing permits so much as the ooil companies have stopped requesting permits. Rigs will sit idle until it becomes profitable to drill again. Production will continue for a while unless the price gets so low that its cheaper to leave the oil in the ground. There will still be work on the production side for a while.

11. Ben Gunn

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    You chose to voice your opinion so I chose to voice mine. Perhaps you should take yourself a little less seriously ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.