Crude oil is $86 today.... beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by kogaFX, Oct 9, 2014.

1. canadianredneck

canadianredneck Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Western Arkansas
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/10/25/crude-prices-texas-oil-boom/17807735/
    Heres an article that explains what the panhandle thinks about the pricing and what happens if it drops below the profit rate. We are one of the only economies I think that can survive this. If you did what Georgeandson said, and not strip one line out of it, you would be ok, because you would be able to handle it as well see it coming. Too many people looking for a reason to stress and ##### I think.
    Do your job, save save save, watch whats happening around you, and make the best of it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    yep, save save save, you don't need that motorcycle, motor home, boat, fishing gear, new house, new pickup truck..... that so many in the oil fields are doing at this time...

Big Duker and Wymon Thank this.
  4. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yes everyone has to keep up with the Jones. Yet every time they catch up with the Jones, the Jones reorganize all debts & they get another big loan & builds an even larger house in the newest gated community on the other side of town.

Few can stand anyone getting ahead of them now days & goes deep in debt to try and keep up with their friends & neighbors & eventually they go belly up because of the keeping up.

Semi-Truculent Hamish Thanks this.
  5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    and after the last bust, houses that were bought for 200,000 were selling for the taxes owed. Those who saved, had a very easy time after the bust... those that didn't lost everything.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You'll see it coming. It won't happen overnight. You'll notice you see fewer "CDL Drivers Wanted" wanted signs. You'' see rental spaces for RV's coming down in price. You'll start to see little changes inside your own company. If nothing happens at that point to trigger some sort of national or global economic crash, things might not get so bad any time soon, but if a crash then happens, then all bets are off as to what will be your employment situation at the end of the week.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  7. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    There is a housing crisis brewing in China.
    If that hits the fan............................

Fact is that the economy worldwide in a very sick patient.

8. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
  9. Freightlinerbob

Freightlinerbob Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2012
    West Coast B.C.
    Back in 07' while many were complaining about the high price of fuel, I kept thinking that if oil ever went below $100 we'd all be screwed. Turned out I was right.

If it wasn't for oil and gas we'd all be out of work.

Back in the recession of the 80's, the joke was:

What's the difference between a Texas oil man and a pigeon?

The pigeon can still put a deposit on a new Mercedes.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  10. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I survived the Oil boom-bust in Oklahoma in the 80s but no one listens. It's coming fast so when you see it start, pack and get any job you can because if you think they pay truck drivers cheap, you ain't seen nuttin. Put as many miles as you can between you and the oilfields too. I saw guys drive brand new International Oilfield trucks into the river bottoms and set fire to them.

11. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.