cry me a river over regulations

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by phantom 310, Jan 12, 2018.

1. phantom 310

phantom 310 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Truck drivers have more leverage to negotiate with than any industry I can think of.if you don't like regulations or the way things are going either organize a strike or shut up and drive. You have the power to shut the entire country down and would rather cry on each others shoulder on some unheard of websites message board than use it. How's that been working out for ya?"but I owe a truck note this week "!!that's why you have to ORGANIZE a strike. Get together and come up with a date and a list of demands and prepare and all of that good stuff. Make the day and time known to everyone and just do it. Chances are you wont have to if you nominate and elect someone to represent you they will probably be brought in to negotiate before the date in order to AVOID the strike. Duuuuuhhh.you can get just about anything you want. Do you actually think ms.go tro will want to have the entire country shut down because she was unwilling to negotiate? Where would the auto workers be today if they never said enough is enough?organize or starve.those are your only options. You have to fight politics with politics. Or keep crying on the truckers forums like a bunch of uneducated idiots.

AZ Pete, Purree and Prof.Gringo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I have no desire to strike.

I'm making MORE money & working less (as an owner operator) now that the ELD mandate went into effect.

LONG LIVE THE ELD!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Oh yeah, I'm super rested now too. Almost too rested. These 4 days work & 3 days off are a bit much. I'm considering bumping it up to a 5 day work week.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Why do people want to work harder to make less ? To bad we wernt on elds 30 years ago I'd be retired now lol

6. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I've been on ELDS for 2yrs... and I don't work nearly as hard as I did on paper.
    My pay has increased dramatically as my carrier has had to compensate us much better.
    I make a LOT more money now.

I can't turn a trip nearly as fast... true.
    But, I was fudging the paper. I can admit it.

delta5, Purree, Western flyer and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Let's not lose our heads here.

8. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    5 days???? That's too much like slavery!

Prof.Gringo, Scooter Jones and Puppage Thank this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    We don't have leverage to do a thing, we are too scattered and fractured, without the ability to stick to one issue to fix it.

Jazz1, sealevel and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I don't work hard on paper...40-50 hours per week max. Paper is 100% reliable. No matter how hot, no matter how cold. Doesn't care if the alternator is on the fritz and the batteries are low, paper logs still work. If the voltage regulator malfunctions and the electrical system gets cooked with too much voltage, guess what? That paper log still works. No programming glitches or failures to connect, paper still works. Hell, even if an EMP goes off, that paper log is still going to function just fine (even if the truck doesn't).

Paper I don't have to worry about, because worst case scenario my pen runs out of ink and I grab another one from the visor...or I start my last page, so I swing into ANY truck stop and drop $1.99 for 31 more pages. What's the best case scenario for an ELD malfunction? Hours on the phone with customer service while they troubleshoot the issue? 3 weeks without it (despite DOT only giving you 8 days to correct the issue) while you send it back for warranty repairs? Or do you just drop a couple hundred more on a new device? The BEST case scenario in the event of a failure is much more costly and time consuming on elogs compared to the WORST case scenario on good old reliable paper. We have enough to worry about out here, so why not K.I.S.S.?

11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Isn't the trucking industry, any cdl type driving, the biggest workforce in North America, and the USA?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.