cry me a river over regulations

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by phantom 310, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Purree

Purree Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Get nasty like a moron. Go do what you want. I couldn't care less if a nasty character like you loses his license which you may down the road. Then complain later on here like you didn't know when it happens.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Me too...

Our ELD exempt trucks are making more than ever..

Thanks mega fleets keep up the great work, or not in this case...

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    The speed limit is 65 in Conneticut so that would be 600 miles you could travel if averaging 60 miles. Conneticut is also the fourth smallest state, so it might be difficult to even travel 550-600 miles strictly in Conneticut, let alone the ridiculous amount of measuring down to feet the exact route traveled to determine the speed, acceleration, and actual distance on paper logs down to the tenths. Notwithstanding is also the fact that when you issue a misdemeanor citation to someone, that violation needs to occur in your presence, and in regards to speeding, it needs to be with a certified radar unit that you have been also certified on, or by pacing the individual with a calibrated speedometer for a respectable distance.

I have written a lot of speeding tickets in my day, and that cop would be laughed out of the courtroom if he faced any half decent attorney. 7 tickets? He best find a new department.

Streetroddreams and camerabrat Thank this.
  5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    The issue is that we now live in the "Me Generation" where everyone is out for themselves. This industry has never been perfect, but has declined in the last 40 years. Those in the industry have let the Insurance companies, and government slide in the back door and regulate our industry to death. Examples, ELD's, In truck dash cameras, lane change avoidance systems, speed limiters, EOBR, and our most recent autonomous self driving trucks. Tell me the government, and truck manufacturers are no looking to rid the U.S of truck drivers.
    There will always be a debate as to every aspect of supposed safety in this industry. I ran paper logs for almost 30 years, never had an accident, never let myself push past what i knew would put myself or others at harm on the roadways, and so forth. We need to look at the drug use, alcohol use by commercial drivers while driving a C.M.V, health issues that would/could effect their welfare, or motoring public safety due to certain medical conditions. With this said, we here the reasoning for such implementations of regulations for the trucking issue is the insurance being higher for all transportation industries (trains, planes, commercial vehicles, and Bus drivers. Maybe this is true, or not. The Government needs to look at the 4 wheelers, Recreational reptile drivers, and other motoring public sectors and regulate the hours they drive. I have seen over my career so many drivers being tired, drunk, distracted, and so forth that have caused accidents on the highways of our commercial vehicle drivers and others on the roads. Speed limiters on all vehicles set at 60 m.p.h. Thus all vehicles are equal in speed.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    We must eliminate paper logs due to those whom can not write where it may be understood by themselves, or others. Thus, this is why everything has gone to technology where e-signature is the wave of doing things in today's society. They have taken out of schools cursive writing.

I will keep my paper logs, and still make a great money, and as a business with 150 trucks. My profit for the company are also in the green, just as my D.O.T rating. I wish all the best to those who use ELD technology. I will wait to see the outcome of the regulations of H.O.S, speed limiters, in cab cameras, and so on for the lawsuits and statistics to come in where none of this technology can take the place of common sense, good judgement, and has done nothing but made companies spend more money that was not needed. I will also wait to see the Data from the many safety organizations at the end of 2018 as to how they really did, or did not make any changes in the industry as it pertains to safety.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    This will never happen, due to the fact that you cannot get two drivers to agree the sun is out. Not in today's industry. You may get a few hundred to protest, but not enough to man up and do the right thing to help themselves and their fellow drivers.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.